DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do we check for the RID after doing an update.

Sterk

Reactions
I have been away from the drone for a while so trying to get up to speed for how RID is installed for the Mavic2 Pro. I got everything hooked up and started and went to the smart controller and about for checking on the updates. I completed that and it said do a manual restart of the Drone. completed that and trying to find out how I check that RID is installed. I read one post stating that the smart controller has to be updated from DJI assistant but I thought it was done with all the updates I did on the about section of the on the Go4 smart controller??? I read about the RID will not show inside but outside it does so where do we look outside that our drone is RID equipped? What firmware number and section do we need to see to confirm the Drone is in compliant. Sorry for being ignorant on this matter as I fly RC airplanes and at a approved field so non of this is needed but need to fly the drone elsewhere and need to get it updated. Thanks for any info on this matter.

Sterk03

I have a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced using DJI Pilot, but your Mavic 2 Pro may be similar. I am not too familiar with DJI Go.
On the preflight check screen, scroll to the bottom. On mine it will show that RID is on and working.

1713753703182.png

Thanks unless there is another screen on mine I only see the RID number and no status. Updating the Controller finally got it to be able to fly but I need to know if the RID is working. I downloaded a app that is to identify drones around your fight and the example worked but when I started my Drone I so no info about my RID that is why I think it is not working.
Thanks,

Sterk03

Do you know about the other Android remote id apps? OpenDroneID, AirSentinel, and DroneScanner all work for me, but I see some posts where they don't work, makes me think some Androids do and others don't. I don't think an iPhone's wifi works to detect Remote ID, may only be for Android.

Although I don’t fly your model I suspect it’s basically the same everywhere. If you get a “normal” reading for RID and the Serial Number starts with 1581F then I would think you are good to go. You can check it on the Drone Zone FAA website which you should have done to register your drone a while ago 🤞Not quite as easy for us guys who live in the U.K. but I got there in the end!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet