DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Max Power Reached?

deonholt

Reactions
Good day and thanks for your help. It felt as if I almost lost my MM Saturday. I got this message in the flight record which I don't understand. I was flying in a 1.9km/h wind which could most definitely not cause a fly away.
I also see high environment interference. There were power lines about 00m from where I was flying. Could it be that?

Then I also got this error: "
Not Enough Force/ESC Error"

I attached the flight record for your advice.

Thank you so long.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-08_[17-08-28].txt
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
Unfortunately this is a common problem with the Mini, that seems to be due to poor prop design. They deform with time and then don't produce enough lift. Can you check to see if the mobile device DAT file with a name ending FLY049.DAT is still on your phone - they get deleted pretty quickly by the DJI Fly app.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Unfortunately this is a common problem with the Mini, that seems to be due to poor prop design. They deform with time and then don't produce enough lift. Can you check to see if the mobile device DAT file with a name ending FLY049.DAT is still on your phone - they get deleted pretty quickly by the DJI Fly app.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have that file on my phone. I downloaded all folders through iTunes and only have FLY057.DAT

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have that file on my phone. I downloaded all folders through iTunes and only have FLY057.DAT

OK - just trying to get as many DATs as possible for these events, since they contain the motor data that are missing from the txt logs.

The pragmatic solution is to replace the props, but that's only a temporary solution unless the design changes - it will happen again.

If you do a forum search for "uncommanded descent" you will find multiple reports of this problem.

OK - just trying to get as many DATs as possible for these events, since they contain the motor data that are missing from the txt logs.

The pragmatic solution is to replace the props, but that's only a temporary solution unless the design changes - it will happen again.

If you do a forum search for "uncommanded descent" you will find multiple reports of this problem.

Ok, thanks. I have attached the only DAT-file I could find. With what software do you analise them?

Attachments

• 2020-02-09_20-34-20_FLY051.DAT
    9 MB · Views: 7

I downloaded the DAT to CSV converter and don't have a clue on how to interpret it. ? I did not know they are recording so much data. It simply is overwhelming.

I had a look at the props and they are fine. No dents or damage at all.

Thanks again.

I downloaded the DAT to CSV converter and don't have a clue on how to interpret it. ? I did not know they are recording so much data. It simply is overwhelming.

Thanks again.

The damage is apparently not visible - it's just a subtle change in the 3-D shape.

Thanks again.

Just a WAG, as I don't own a Mini, but just going by a visual prop inspection may not be enough. The problem could well be a change is the mechanical or elastic properties of the prop, with a decrease in the blade's resistance to torsional loading. Compare the amount of torque it takes to twist the end of the prop to "flatten" it. If this is different on a new prop vs used one, then the prop will be reducing or flattening its pitch in flight - the more loading, the less efficient the prop would become in harnessing the motor's power.

Reactions: everBit
Just a WAG, as I don't own a Mini, but just going by a visual prop inspection may not be enough. The problem could well be a change is the mechanical or elastic properties of the prop, with a decrease in the blade's resistance to torsional loading. Compare the amount of torque it takes to twist the end of the prop to "flatten" it. If this is different on a new prop vs used one, then the prop will be reducing or flattening its pitch in flight - the more loading, the less efficient the prop would become in harnessing the motor's power.

That or gradual permanent flattening are good candidates.

Reactions: Capt KO
In which case, has anyone found any reliable after market props.

Thanks again.
Give a try to this fix. Change propellers and give us feedback.

@+

Last favour ... if you don't mind.
I want to learn. I have downloaded DatCon 3.7.1 and Igor Pro 8.
In DatCon I opened up the *.DAT file. What do I do from there, since I see that Igor only opens *.pxp & *.uxp files

Thank you so long.

Igor will load almost any kind of data:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 13.22.56.png

why would they quickly delete .

I have seen you ask others for the mobile device DAT file. What are you looking for in that file? What additional information does it contain? Thanks

I have seen you ask others for the mobile device DAT file. What are you looking for in that file? What additional information does it contain? Thanks

The DAT files contain several kinds of data not in the txt log - but notably the raw sensor data from the IMU (rate gyros, accelerometers, magnetometers), the motor data (speed, current, demand etc.), and the GPS data.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet