DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft not connected to rc

Wacky roger

Reactions
I keep getting a message saying "Aircraft Not Connected To RC" This also has happened while in flight as well as when I first get it started up. I comes back in a minute or less.

I keep getting a message saying "Aircraft Not Connected To RC" This also has happened while in flight as well as when I first get it started up. I comes back in a minute or less.
I've had this same issue and believe it's related to the RC Pro. I was able to pair the M3C with the Air 2S controller and the disconnects ceased. I purchased two Mavic 3 Cine packages at the same time directly from DJI (the other for my brother) and he wasn't even able to complete the activation with his RC Pro.

In both cases, we manually upgraded the firmware on the M3 and RC Pro via DJI Assistant 2 and even refreshed the firmware to ensure it had been installed correctly.

Both of our M3's are able to be used with the standard Air 2S controller, so I plan to contact DJI to get both of the RC Pro's replaced.

I ordered both units on 11/5 in case that coincides with your experience.

I've had this same issue and believe it's related to the RC Pro. I was able to pair the M3C with the Air 2S controller and the disconnects ceased. I purchased two Mavic 3 Cine packages at the same time directly from DJI (the other for my brother) and he wasn't even able to complete the activation with his RC Pro.

In both cases, we manually upgraded the firmware on the M3 and RC Pro via DJI Assistant 2 and even refreshed the firmware to ensure it had been installed correctly.

Both of our M3's are able to be used with the standard Air 2S controller, so I plan to contact DJI to get both of the RC Pro's replaced.

I ordered both units on 11/5 in case that coincides with your experience.
THANK YOU. I tried what worked for you and so far it is working for me. I will test it some more tomorrow. I bought mine around the first week of November.
Thanks Again.

Reactions: GDadd
THANK YOU. I tried what worked for you and so far it is working for me. I will test it some more tomorrow. I bought mine around the first week of November.
Thanks Again.
Are you still having the connection issue? Did re-pairing the RC Controller with the M3 solve the issue?

Are you still having the connection issue? Did re-pairing the RC Controller with the M3 solve the issue?
It helped for about 2 days and then started doing it again. The video started freezing during flight. I contacted DJI and the bottom line is they are sending me a replacement drone.

You guys got your M3C's early! I'm still having the ANC2RC problem today but hope the update will help with the problem.

I have this exact same issue and only with the RC pro controller and mines from a fresh batch, it just arrived yesterday directly from DJI, its not drone related, it's the controller, constant disconnects, DJI is replacing my controller but this is a common issue for the RC Pro controller. You can try manually selecting the transmission, I had some better luck keeping it on 5.8 but it still eventually looses signal and video and I've opted to use a MA2 controller for the time being.

Attachments

• sl.jpg
    sl.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Rocker4jmav
It would appear that DJI has not fixed this problem.
Brand new Air2S combo with RC Pro included. I purchased on Jan 5th. Frequent error of Aircraft not connected to RC. This happens within a few minutes of flight, stick controls still work temporarily but then RTH is initiated. Firmware is up to date according to DJI Fly.

I have this exact same issue and only with the RC pro controller and mines from a fresh batch, it just arrived yesterday directly from DJI, its not drone related, it's the controller, constant disconnects, DJI is replacing my controller but this is a common issue for the RC Pro controller. You can try manually selecting the transmission, I had some better luck keeping it on 5.8 but it still eventually looses signal and video and I've opted to use a MA2 controller for the time being.
So did you get your Rc pro replaced? No disconnects?

It would appear that DJI has not fixed this problem.
Brand new Air2S combo with RC Pro included. I purchased on Jan 5th. Frequent error of Aircraft not connected to RC. This happens within a few minutes of flight, stick controls still work temporarily but then RTH is initiated. Firmware is up to date according to DJI Fly.
This is happening to me as well. The first flight was terrifying, couldn't control the drone at all and we basically had to outsmart the sensors, grab it, and wrestle it off axis to land the dang thing.

Then we updated all firmware and things worked flawlessly for about a week.

Now today I flew it midday in the heat and it lost connection to the RC controller 3 times. When I pushed RTH it started coming back, and then the connection resumed. I flew it a little longer, then it started flying away from me toward the ocean randomly, on its own accord!! So I landed it then and there in the loose sand. I'm hoping no sand pieces got into my drone. So disappointing and scary. I can't imagine this happening during a paid shoot.

This is happening to me as well. The first flight was terrifying, couldn't control the drone at all and we basically had to outsmart the sensors, grab it, and wrestle it off axis to land the dang thing.

Then we updated all firmware and things worked flawlessly for about a week.

Now today I flew it midday in the heat and it lost connection to the RC controller 3 times. When I pushed RTH it started coming back, and then the connection resumed. I flew it a little longer, then it started flying away from me toward the ocean randomly, on its own accord!! So I landed it then and there in the loose sand. I'm hoping no sand pieces got into my drone. So disappointing and scary. I can't imagine this happening during a paid shoot.
You will need to select manual 5.8ghz on Rc pro it is stable for me... or return it for repair or replacement or get a standard controller which I tested is very stable as well.

Similar (same) issues here... purchased Air 2S with RC Pro from B&H about 2 weeks ago and each flight so far (have flown 5 batteries), randomly will get the "RC not connected to aircraft" red error box top left corner of the RC Pro display. After a short amount of time, RTH automatically initiated, but usually there is a reconnect prior to returning all the way.

Each flight, bright sunlight, within line of sight, flat (Savannah, GA) terrain, updated firmware controller and drone.

If I can return to B&H, should I? Can I? Would love to hear updates on other's issues with this (last post here 6 weeks ago).

Anybody with the RC Pro 2S combo WITHOUT these issues? Take all the enjoyment out of this knowing that at some point in this flight, the drone will disconnect!

Thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka