DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Orientation Indicator Missing

Didn't have that display in Go4, and kindof got used to it. The new display seems quite useful.

Didn't have that display in Go4, and kindof got used to it. The new display seems quite useful.
Didn't have which in Go 4? It has a very similar indicator in Go 4 but it works from pilots perceptive vs. aircraft perspective of the Fly App same location. That indicator has been there since the Pilot App. Which was renamed Go App and now referred to as Go 3. :) So been there for about 6 years for us seasoned fliers of DJI. ;)

OK, today I have a mystery. For both flights today, I did not get the attitude indicator in the lower middle of the display. I also didn't get the blinking red icon indicating a compass issue with the connected phone/tablet. No icon of any kind.

Just updated to 1.2.4 and the latest firmware last week (and I swear the indicator was there then). What am I missing?

Reactions: Tentoes
OK, today I have a mystery. For both flights today, I did not get the attitude indicator in the lower middle of the display. I also didn't get the blinking red icon indicating a compass issue with the connected phone/tablet. No icon of any kind.

Just updated to 1.2.4 and the latest firmware last week (and I swear the indicator was there then). What am I missing?
"Aircraft Orientation" was removed and replaced by the "Attitude Indicator" ever since the previous version of Fly v1.2.2. v1.2.2 was released around Dec 25th for Android. So it's been this way for the past two Fly app releases.

Fly v1.2.1, Aircraft Orientation

1612148422703.png

Fly v1.2.2, Attitude Indicator

1612148490391.png

"Aircraft Orientation" was removed and replaced by the "Attitude Indicator" ever since the previous version of Fly v1.2.2. v1.2.2 was released around Dec 25th for Android. So it's been this way for the past two Fly app releases.

Fly v1.2.1, Aircraft Orientation

View attachment 122883

Fly v1.2.2, Attitude Indicator

View attachment 122884
Explains it. I was apparently on 1.2.1 till downloading 1.2.4 from dji.com, but I thought the indicator I saw was the new one people were complaining about.

Newbie error. Sorry and thanks.

Reactions: RMS001
I got some flying in this weekend and I am afraid I am seriously disappointed in this Attitude Indicator. Maybe I am missing something...

If you are positioned at or near the home point while you are flying the blue dot with the arrow is concealed below the yellow home point dot and it is almost impossible to see which way the blue arrow is pointing.

I may have this wrong but I gather the arrow on the blue dot indicates which way the antennae on the transmitter are pointing relative to the position of the drone. Is this correct? If so this does not seem to work. I had my drone visual and I could see the antennae were pointing directly at the drone but the arrow was not pointing at the drone.

Yea, I kinda miss that little display. It was replaced with one you can click up in the lower left corner that is pretty useful and does not rely on the phone's compass.

I got some flying in this weekend and I am afraid I am seriously disappointed in this Attitude Indicator. Maybe I am missing something...

If you are positioned at or near the home point while you are flying the blue dot with the arrow is concealed below the yellow home point dot and it is almost impossible to see which way the blue arrow is pointing.

I may have this wrong but I gather the arrow on the blue dot indicates which way the antennae on the transmitter are pointing relative to the position of the drone. Is this correct? If so this does not seem to work. I had my drone visual and I could see the antennae were pointing directly at the drone but the arrow was not pointing at the drone.
some people seem to like and others hate it, if your struggling with how it
should work watch some tutorial videos, there's one at the start of this thread.

It’s more complicated but more intelligent and useful .. but they should add an option to enlarge to blue arrow beacuse I think many people can’t see it clearly especially when it’s sunny, I personally did!

I find the map more useful, it actually shows where the drone is with the constant red line back to the home point. Especially if someone it flying in a new area.

I find the map more useful, it actually shows where the drone is with the constant red line back to the home point. Especially if someone it flying in a new area.
I agree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas