DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Aircraft power insufficient" warning

Just received my mini on Monday, and took it out for its first outdoor flight this afternoon. Fully charged battery, temp at 58F, winds at about 4mph, so pretty optimal in this area for this time of year. I was getting this error every 10 seconds or so while flying in S and P mode at full throttle forward. Direction relative to wind direction did not seem to matter. Flight characteristics did not seem to be affected either. Aside from that error message, it flew great. Hopefully they get it sorted out.

I've seen the low battery warning on a number of flight videos online when in slightly windy conditions. One of the "ce test range" videos had it whilst the drone was at about 85% battery. I think it might be experiencing more battery drain than expected and its just a badly worded warning.
i’m with this. curious, what notification do you get on other mavics if you push the drone? it could mean that it’s the max output at that scenario?

i’m with this. curious, what notification do you get on other mavics if you push the drone? it could mean that it’s the max output at that scenario?
On the other DJI drones you can fly at full stick all day and never get a similar warning.
They only give a propulsion warning if you try to push the drone when the battery is too low to supply sufficient power.
This warning message on the MM is different from what DJI has done previously.

Reactions: milovan
The "Aircraft power insufficient" warning comes up as "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" on airdata. The warning has come up enough that I've basically just ignored it because it has not affected flight.

I was doing some flight tests and noticed a "not enough power" warning (wording might be slightly different) a couple of times.

It was breezy and I also (later) got the windy warning - but couldn't find any info about the power warning...

(Battery was fully charged and drone was hovering when it got the message).

Until today I was not getting those errors, but I always flew in P mode and not far or with stops for photos etc.

Today was another range test, full gas in S mode for 13 min, last 3 min this error was constant and drone slowed down from 46km/h to 30-35 km/h I think the batteries had a hard time to keep up.

Today was another range test, full gas in S mode for 13 min, last 3 min this error was constant and drone slowed down from 46km/h to 30-35 km/h I think the batteries had a hard time to keep up.
Interesting I never thought to check the speed in the flight logs... sure enough, it was dropping during the warning and went back up when it went away.

The power warning message that keeps coming up doesnt exactly instill confidence in the newbie drone pilot market DJI is going for.

Reactions: Dannick
Looks like the message has been updated to something less ominous. The notice in airdata has stayed the same (Not Enough Force/ESC Error)

B7FD1845-1928-476C-BD1A-977DE91B0021.jpeg

You can read below my chat with DJI support. What surprising me a lot - on 16:24 mark:
"Actually this is the first time we encounter this error with the drones." ))))))))))
According what I see above - I'm not the first one ))) OK. This is my chat:

Shaly
DJI Support

Thank you for contacting the DJI Technical Support! You will be connected with an online chat representative soon.
There are 1 customers in queue. Our support will be with you in a moment. We look forward to helping you. You can also write us an email by clicking the Email link on our support site. To get started click: HERE

Top Questions:

For Beginner Tutorials for DJI Products click: HERE

For repair request please use our online repair feature by clicking: HERE

For current case follow up click: HERE

DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge. Water damage is also covered! To learn more click HERE

16:09

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Before we proceed, let me inform you that our goal is to resolve all your concerns within this chat interaction. We highly encourage to keep the chat active. Please make sure to:

1. Don't go on away status as the system will prompt a system timeout;

2. Avoid clicking the exit button on the chat window;

3. Make sure that you have good data/internet connection;

4. When attaching files, avoid dragging it to the chat window. Just click the file icon button instead;

5. Avoid clicking on any links. Instead copy and paste it to another tab/window.

My name is Shaly. How may I help you today?

I have Mivci mini and very often during the flight I got message "Aircraft power insuffucuent"

What this mean?
16:11

And how dangerous to fly with this message? Something wrong with battery?

Hello, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issue with your Mavic Mini. I'll be glad to assist you with your concern.

Let me check the error message.

?System Message?Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.
16:14

Sorry, it's an automated response to make sure we will not loose the connection in 5 minutes.

OK
16:16

Just to confirm.
16:17

You sill looking for unswer?

Just to confirm when you fly the drone it is fuly charge or how many percent?
16:18

Yes. It's fully charged. Message appear randomly regardless battery level.

I see.

How man batteries do you have?

I bought "fly more" set

I se.
16:20

Does this error display on all of the batteries?

Not sure now. But I'll trace in the future.
16:22

I suggest try to confirm the other batteries to isolate the issue if it's teh drone or the battery.

If it's the drone, we need firmware update.

If it's the battery fully discharge it then fully charge again and check after.
16:23

Each battery have several charging cycles on them. Do you have anything in knowledge database about this warning?
16:24

Actually this is the first time we encounter this error with the drones.

Full message: "Aircraft power insufficient. Fly with caution". Message appearing and despairing randomly.

What is your suggestion?
16:26

For now, we'll check if it's the battery or the aircraft that gives this warning for.

We can isolate it if all batteries has this message, it will be the drone.

But if only one battery then it maybe the error cause.

We just need to power cycle battery and check again.
16:27

Drone have 1 year warranty, right? What about battery?

Yes that's right.

All drone batteries has 6 month warranty coverage.

OK. I'll keep eye on this issue and will get back to support.
16:28

Yes please, if ever we have issue with the battery or drone once we isolate the issue we'll have this checked and repair/replaced.

How I can save this chat?

It's atuomatically saved on our system but unfortunately I do not have way to provie you transcript of our conversation.
16:29

However I can give you chat number.

Can you e-mail it to me?

Sorry it's a long serial of alphanumeric.

webvipabfa9195599f5db14e47288ae89a4d0b6c5ef263mYOFA4xU

Unfortunately we handle chat and we have different support for email as well.
16:31

Unfortunately I am unable to send you email of tour conversation but you can copy and paste it on your notepad or word pad.

00:00/00:00

You spoke with outsourced tech support in some faraway country, I can guarantee he has never even seen the DJI drone in person, not to mention fly one. They are given the script to read without having a clue, but the script is quite good for what it should do; provide a "tech support" buffer and early detection of potential issues. This agent possibly could never have a call about this issue, and he might not have access to all the other calls...KB articles are created based on X # of calls logged and have to be created by hand by higher-level tech or tech leads, and since it is a new product they might not have it on their radar yet because certain # of people didn't log the same issue yet. The more people call the quicker it gets on their radar, but individual call/chat itself is a total waste of time. Some of those support people answer calls from multiple products, he can support drones and coffee makers at the same time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki