DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Status Symbol

Juggler

Reactions
Hi ppl
today i was out learning and i had the MA2 out about 600mt over water and the aircraft status symbol went red (item 13 on the controller per the manual). I filled my pants and let go of the sticks. Video feed was perfect so I rotated the MA2 and headed back in...
Soon the red disappeared and went normal, white.
Then drone was about 25mt away from us and it happened again for a short time.
Read the manual and i couldnt see any reference to it. Did a search here and zilch also.
Thoughts from my more nowledgable collegues??
Cheers

120 ppl make look and still a mystery.......i will get onto DJI and report back

Well tech support at DJI had no idea either and are getting onto their developers.
Stay turned

Was there any message like weak signal? Anything in the screen other than red symbol? It happened to me a couple of times (UK) a good few 100 metres away. Weak signal displayed, flashing red along with drone symbol. Having a reading up, it’s possible if your phone has WiFi enabled, this could cause an issue (set to aeroplane mode). Make sure your facing the drone with antenna facing(it’s easy it at least for me to end up with my back to it! especially if I am trying to avoid the glare from the sun ). Just thoughts, I am no expert by any means and learning myself. UK I find dji response poor via email, so I would try and contact by phone if possible. Good luck and hope you get this sorted. Always worth deleting and downloading app again, and/or disconnecting and connecting up again. Could be interference near by or some kind. Might be worth trying in a different area away from water to see if you can replicate . If it’s set to auto return(make sure height is set to clear any near by obstacles). Then you should be fine. Cheers

Thx Ven
I managed to replicate the issue in the lounge room. With the Ipad i got the issue as per the pic. I change to Iphone x and same thing after a bit, no other flags shown. I change leads to the one supplied from DJI and seemed to work ok. I think there may be a issue with my lead, its a baseus short 30cm(1ft) lead. Funny how the message seems to be lost of contact with the iphone/pad.(i think) BTW are you supposed to go into flight mode on your device? I seem to remember reading somewhere that cellular was good to get maps up, or do I have this wrong?

Attachments

• MA2-1.jpg
    MA2-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 36
  • MA2-2.jpg
    MA2-2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: ven
Right , not sure if I have had that one. Trouble is in the sun it’s hard to see the screen. So much so I have a sun hood on the way. Does sound like the cable, least you’ll have found the problem and can try another. Ideally a dji one if available . I have only used the supplied one as I am using a phone, no need for a longer cable. Cheers

1590872982579.pngafter more playing this one means "searching for satelite"
i tapped on it and that is what the flag states

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky