Join Us Now

Mavic Air2 - Motor Maintenance

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Recently I landed my MA2 onto the ground without using my landing mat. It was a sandy dusty spot and I knew it was a mistake as it touched down, but too late. I should have hand caught it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The following day I noticed the front left prop was not spinning freely. You could distinctly hear and feel a bump as I spun the prop powered down. I’m fairly certain that there was dirt or perhaps some sand that had got into the motor.

What worked for me to fix this were the two products shown. After applying the drone lube, I waited 24 hours and then applied the compressed air. The problem disappeared and the prop motor is rotating freely again!

Attachments

• IMG_4788.jpeg
    IMG_4788.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4787.jpeg
    IMG_4787.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
@Squidinc personally for me i would have not used the drone lube ,as it could help the particles in the motor stick to the windings and magnets
i have used a similar product its a very light oil ,mine came with a syringe type applicator
and i used it to lubricate my RC model racing car bearings many years ago

Recently I landed my MA2 onto the ground without using my landing mat. It was a sandy dusty spot and I knew it was a mistake as it touched down, but too late. I should have hand caught it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The following day I noticed the front left prop was not spinning freely. You could distinctly hear and feel a bump as I spun the prop powered down. I’m fairly certain that there was dirt or perhaps some sand that had got into the motor.

What worked for me to fix this were the two products shown. After applying the drone lube, I waited 24 hours and then applied the compressed air. The problem disappeared and the prop motor is rotating freely again!
I use a can of air for gimbal issues, and to clear debris. It doesn't leave any residue.

Drone oil for the motors? Even though it’s called “Drone Oil” I would think it would trap more dust than a normally dry motor would. I know that oiling my guns give them a clean, shiny look and protect them from rust, but it is regarded by many as a dust collecting hazard.

Wouldn’t some canned air for electronics be the best maintenance? What do some of the wise old contributors to this forum think?

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Any dust is a hazard. dust is everywhere,even in your home. I recently purchased a small Eufy hand vacuum.Now before I go for a fly, I always hold the vacuum switched on [obviously]and hold it over all four motors for a few seconds and then also give the battery compartment a clean out as well. Never had an issue with a drone motor. Use it on both my Mavic Air2 and Air 2s.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman