DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirData log shows 100% signal but I lost bars. Which is correct?

TnDronePilot

Reactions
So during the flight, I started losing signal bars around 1850ft out and 215ft up yet the AirData log shows 100% signal for the entire flight. I had a clear shot between me and the drone with tree-covered hills on either side of the dog park but they were not blocking my line of sight. Any ideas? I've been getting signal bars drops the last few flights in different areas of the city. I live in the valley where it's almost flat.

Hello TnDronePilot:

I don't have an informed answer for you, but I have noticed the same thing on many of my flight records. I've always assumed that the display I see during flight is correct and that the AirData record misses something. While that could be wrong, it seems the conservative assumption will keep me out of trouble.

Howard

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Because of Past errors such as wind speed from Air Data , it is more likely that AirData can mess up sometimes.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Capture the Storm

Hi @TnDronePilot, please note that DJI GO/Pilot/Fly do not provide the signal strength data in the log, so Airdata calculates the signal strength based on other, indirect parameters. So it's very possible the bars in the app midflight will not match the AirData signal strength, as Airdata looks for data losses which may not occur with less bars.

Other flight apps like Litchi do provide this info and the AirData shows the exact values in these cases. I hope this helps!

Hi @TnDronePilot, please note that DJI GO/Pilot/Fly do not provide the signal strength data in the log, so Airdata calculates the signal strength based on other, indirect parameters. So it's very possible the bars in the app midflight will not match the AirData signal strength, as Airdata looks for data losses which may not occur with less bars.

Other flight apps like Litchi do provide this info and the AirData shows the exact values in these cases. I hope this helps!

GREAT input! I had no idea we had a member here part of the AirData team! So good to see you helping out.

Allen

Any ideas? I've been getting signal bars drops the last few flights in different areas of the city. I live in the valley where it's almost flat.
The uplink/downlink signal was definitely not 100% for the entire flight. For example, here's a period of that flight where the signal fluctuated a bit:

1637421265334.png

If you upload your flight log here, you'll find the above signal information in the CSV file linked beneath the map.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic