DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata showing me some odd specs

f1r3b1rd

Reactions
So I was toying around with this airdata thingy; because I got a strange a notification on my last flight.

The go-4 app was telling me that the bird encountered

Warning Strong Interference to Aircraft. Signal interruption may be more likely. Fly with caution.

Being the conservative pilot I am, I landed immediately.

What does this mean?

Also I noticed that according to airdata, I got up to 16mph. I know this to be false. I’ve never flown anywhere near that fast.
What can cause this?

I ask because I’ve read a lot of fly away encounters and I really don’t want to end up dealing with a drone that flys off on its lonesome.

Strong interference can come from local WiFi or electromagnetic fields (power lines)
Listing the wrong speed would most likely be electromagnetic

Strong interference can come from local WiFi or electromagnetic fields (power lines)
Listing the wrong speed would most likely be electromagnetic

So what should I do?

Should I re-Calibrate the compass?

I should probably
Not fly around my house anymore, right?

Try flying in another direction see if it persists, fly in the same location you got the warning and see if it returns. Make sure you let it record your home position before you take off so in the event of a loss of signal it knows where to go. I wouldn’t recalibrate the compass unless it tells you to. Electromagnetic fields can vary from day to day I wouldn’t not fly because of one occurrence.

Try flying in another direction see if it persists, fly in the same location you got the warning and see if it returns. Make sure you let it record your home position before you take off so in the event of a loss of signal it knows where to go. I wouldn’t recalibrate the compass unless it tells you to. Electromagnetic fields can vary from day to day I wouldn’t not fly because of one occurrence.

Thank you very much!

All of the fly away reports on Facebook had me freaking out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial