DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap Rejection

chipbl

Reactions
Hi all,

I've seen several posts about this but no resolution (that I can find). Airmap had been working fine, but now rejects upon submission. I live in Class B airspace with 400 ft. max. Tried this one requesting just 100'. Does it have something to do with "an inner ring"? Aloft works fine for the exact same time and location.

Thanks!

IMG_4792.PNGIMG_4795.PNGIMG_4793.PNG

Airmap has been removed from the FAA's LAANC Provider List. They are no longer allowed to give LAANC approvals.

Use Aloft or UASidekick.

Thanks for your quick reply! Guess that explains it. I haven't tried UASidekick, would you recommend that over Aloft?

Thanks for your quick reply! Guess that explains it. I haven't tried UASidekick, would you recommend that over Aloft?
UASidekick is a monthly subscription. They do more than just give you LAANC approval. Unless you do work with or for a First Responder Agency, Aloft would be my recommendation. I also love SkyWard, but they are not an app. They are a web based LAANC provider. I use them if I'm getting LAANC in the office during a preflight planning session, or Aloft if I'm in the field.

Reactions: tlswift58
Glad I read this post. I'd been using Airmap for a long time, but the rumors appear to be true. It's annoying that you can still submit a flight plan only to be told that it's for nothing. Anyone know WHY they lost their authorized status?

Glad I read this post. I'd been using Airmap for a long time, but the rumors appear to be true. It's annoying that you can still submit a flight plan only to be told that it's for nothing. Anyone know WHY they lost their authorized status?
Lots of speculation. It includes the founders are selling, the used the gathered data incorrectly and outside the confines of their FAA contract, or that they've burned through all of the VC money and they're broke.

We may never know. And based on the fact that they never bothered to tell their customers that they can't use the app anymore, I'm not sure they'll be welcomed back if it's temporary.

Interesting, thanks for sharing

Airmap has been removed from the FAA's LAANC Provider List. They are no longer allowed to give LAANC approvals.

Use Aloft or UASidekick.
I didn't know that either. When did that happen and why?

Lots of speculation. It includes the founders are selling, the used the gathered data incorrectly and outside the confines of their FAA contract, or that they've burned through all of the VC money and they're broke.

We may never know. And based on the fact that they never bothered to tell their customers that they can't use the app anymore, I'm not sure they'll be welcomed back if it's temporary.
Thanks Vic, I just uninstalled them I thought it was an outage... Really annoying. There really should be a post here with subject Airmap no longer works.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22