DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap vs Drone assist.

catsuk

Reactions
Yet to fly my New Mavic Air (Its a wed won).
Having looked up all sorts of rules and regs on every site there is, I'm a bit concerned as I want to make my first flight near home and there is a difference of opinion between CAA recomended Drone Assist and Airmap. DA says ok and AM says not ok. On DA it shows a small airfield Stapelford.. but where I want to fly is not within the NFZ... whereas on AM it shows the same Airfield with a greater range of NFZ that now covers my spot aswell as a second farm airstrip that shows as a NFZ also covering my spot.
Do I assume I need to Go with AM and not fly or go with CAA recommended DA and go ahead... why are there differences between the 2 apps ?
any advice gratefully received.
[emoji574] [emoji573]

Last edited:
Airmap is woefully inadequate in the UK for correct and detailed information.
Go with the CAA recommended NATs Drone Assist.

Similar in Oz. Airmap is not accurate in accordance with regs. I use the CASA app. Only thing airmap is good for is National park boundaries.

Comparing the NATS and AirMap on the Android Play Market, shows the below

AirMap 100k dowloads and 4.2 stars
NATTS 10k downloads and 2.8 starts

Im using airmap...

Comparing the NATS and AirMap on the Android Play Market, shows the below

AirMap 100k dowloads and 4.2 stars
NATTS 10k downloads and 2.8 starts

Im using airmap...

NATS Drone Assist is UK only and useless elsewhere in the world so limited audience.
Airmap is pretty much north america only and useless elsewhere but has a much higher population.

Use what you want, nobody is forcing anyone to use anything. But if you use airmap in the UK and get fined for flying where you shouldn't then its also no point complaining.

But if you use airmap in the UK and get fined for flying where you shouldn't then its also no point complaining.
we are traveling on many places, any recommendation for good solutions out of UK - US, Europe and Meadeast?

we are traveling on many places, any recommendation for good solutions out of UK - US, Europe and Meadeast?

Generally you have to check the local regulations and/or official apps for the countries.
Most have differing and extra rules and products like Airmap are solely concentrated on North America and have no real use elsewhere for rules and no fly zones. It'll quite happily say you can fly somewhere illegal elsewhere.

Lots of places, especially Asia don't have apps - you need to get a copy of the local rules and go from there.

Ultimately, don't ever rely on an app.

Generally you have to check the local regulations and/or official apps for the countries.
Most have differing and extra rules and products like Airmap are solely concentrated on North America and have no real use elsewhere for rules and no fly zones. It'll quite happily say you can fly somewhere illegal elsewhere.

Lots of places, especially Asia don't have apps - you need to get a copy of the local rules and go from there.

Ultimately, don't ever rely on an app.
Thank you for detailed response!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki