DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'airplane mode' question

Spazz

Reactions
Being somewhat new to the M2P... when in this mode, does the drone 'lean' in the corners as in a FPV mode that shows the bank of the corners?

Thanks

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Sadly, I have to report that the Mavic 2 does not have fixed-wing mode, to my own dismay.

The best your going to get is to go into gimbal settings and select FPV mode (opposite Follow), but even then they've "smoothed" the gimbal in this mode as well so the only effect you get is the somewhat locking of the roll axis (side to side), even though its independent of the drones roll angle, which is weird for any FPV mode.
Regardless, it 'can' be nice (since its smooth fpv footage) but you have to fly the drone a specific way for it to look right, otherwise, its jumps from 0 deg to 30 deg roll. Its either all or nothing, unless you fly as stated below...

Normally, you would only add forward pitch & L or R yaw, but with M2 FPV, you must also provide L or R roll, into the direction your yawing, in order to get smooth, nonjerky roll axis gimbal tilt. (so L-R on Left stick AND Fwd, L-R on Right stick, if using stick mode #2) (I hope that made sense)

Anyway, its still fun and visually pleasing, and can even result in some smoothish, fun footage, but for the most part, its when wearing goggles that its best, so I thought Id mention it!

Im really quite displeased with DJI in a number of areas these days, and fixed wing not being included on M2 when it worked perfectly well on M1, is disappointing. Theyll probably sell it as a 'new feature" on M3.

Whatever though. Evo 2 is calling my name.

Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife