DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airplane mode

r1chardturner

Reactions
Newbie Question sorry if it's been answered already...

When flying I always put my IPhone in flight safe mode.... will it still fly if I leave the phone in transmit? I'm not sure if it would interfere with the Camera downlink or any other functions on the Mavick?

Another reason the other half wanted to get hold of me Whilst I was out playing and got concerned something had happened!! [emoji51]

Any info appreciated

Thanks in advance

Richard

Newbie Question sorry if it's been answered already...

When flying I always put my IPhone in flight safe mode.... will it still fly if I leave the phone in transmit? I'm not sure if it would interfere with the Camera downlink or any other functions on the Mavick?

Another reason the other half wanted to get hold of me Whilst I was out playing and got concerned something had happened!! [emoji51]

Any info appreciated

Thanks in advance

Richard
I put mine in airplane mode so I (and my device) will not be interrupted while flying.

Reactions: r1chardturner
It's a interruption thing like mentioned above plus the sudden update request to update FW from DJI while in mid flight. If you're not worry about those, turn off airplane mode.

will it still fly if I leave the phone in transmit? I'm not sure if it would interfere with the Camera downlink or any other functions on the Mavick?
When I fly with my iPhone, I usually always fly with the cell data on. If you notice any issues with the downlink dropping, you could try disabling the cell data to see if it resolves the issue. While it's not a common cause of a dropped downlink, I have seen a few people mention disabling the cell data has resolved that issue for them.

Was just about to ask a similar question ……but mainly because my next flight will only be my 3rd of any drone so I'm currently screen recording just in case anything happens. Unfortunately being in a couple of kick and WhatsApp groups the screen is constantly crazy with notifications.

Turning off notifications for each app that may pop up a notification individually is a little annoying and I can't seem to see an option to turn off all notifications so Airplane mode seems the most sensible thing for a disturbance free flight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista