DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airsense Not Working - DJI Inadequate Response

Been experimenting with this some more and my above observations are 100% reproducible for me on the RC Pro and the RC-N1.

When the M3 is on the ground or very close to the ground, tracked aircraft show up on the map. They'll show up within a minute of starting the M3 -- depending on where you are, you may have to zoom way out to find a tracked aircraft. You will need the AirSense sensitivity set to Low/Medium/High.

If you rise to roughly 30 feet, the tracked aircraft will disappear from the map within 30 seconds. If you descend to less than 5 feet, they will reappear within 15 seconds. My guess is that tracked aircraft are transmitted between M3 and RC every 15 seconds and the RC waits until it has two missed transmissions before removing the tracked aircraft.

I can't test manned aircraft approaching alarms until we have winds from the South and I'll try again then.

I am curious to know if anyone gets the same results.

Reactions: BlairAir
Been experimenting with this some more and my above observations are 100% reproducible for me on the RC Pro and the RC-N1.

When the M3 is on the ground or very close to the ground, tracked aircraft show up on the map. They'll show up within a minute of starting the M3 -- depending on where you are, you may have to zoom way out to find a tracked aircraft. You will need the AirSense sensitivity set to Low/Medium/High.

If you rise to roughly 30 feet, the tracked aircraft will disappear from the map within 30 seconds. If you descend to less than 5 feet, they will reappear within 15 seconds. My guess is that tracked aircraft are transmitted between M3 and RC every 15 seconds and the RC waits until it has two missed transmissions before removing the tracked aircraft.

I can't test manned aircraft approaching alarms until we have winds from the South and I'll try again then.

Does your find me Feature work on the M3 ?
I can not get mine to work the same as the Air 2

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain.

I think I have a breakthrough here. I find that AirSense works when the M3 is just a few feet off the ground, but when you increase elevation, tracking stops after a few seconds. Tracking resumes once the M3 is close to the ground.

You can see here (using the RC Pro):

Also, I learned that the Low/Medium/High setting shows all aircraft the M3 is tracking, even if they're 50+ miles away. Med & High settings filter out the far away aircraft.

M3: 01.00.0600
RC Pro: 03.01.0600
App: 1.5.10
I just got back from flying my Mavic Air 2. AirSense started working after I landed it when the 1st battery was swapped out. It kept working through batteries #2 & #3. Just as many (or more) planes in the sky before the 1st landing/battery swap out than during the 2nd and 3rd batteries/flights.

Reactions: BlairAir and oztx
Well heck. On today’s flights on the RC Pro, I’m back to nothing. This plane is 1/4 mile and 1500 feet above the M3.

View attachment 146104
Lol I have about 15 videos of planes cruising by at similar and lower heights. I do not get an audible, or visual, or map-based information on anything since .0500 on January 23rd. I live just outside the restricted airspace of RDU International and planes get routed by my flight areas all day long.

RC-Pro or RC-N1 makes zero difference. I have also been assured of my flight safety lol. Safe, but your in your own as far as manned aircraft.

By the way, hijacking this thread into yet another GPS discussion was educational, disappointing and distracting, all at once.

Really interesting. I will try and test this over the next week.- since your results are similar on RC Pro and RC-N1, I'll stick with THE RC Pro.

Reactions: oztx
I have seen something similar but not quite exact. I found that when your GPS signal is week and keeps bouncing between sats, like going from strong to week sats Airsense is buggy and randomly works, when this happens you can almost assure yourself it will not work properly that flight. I noticed this only started happening from the 0500 FW not before. I am wondering if this GPS saga and Airsense drama is actually linked and Dji cannot get this right

Playing some more with this today from a cold start, I found that AirSense doesn't start working until there's a Strong GNSS Signal (White Satellite Icon).

Otherwise, the landing flow was over the house today and I didn't get any Manned Aircraft Alerts -- my guess was because the M3 was on the ground.

This jet was 1500 feet above the M3 according to AirSense.

IMG_1681.jpeg

I just got back from flying my Mavic Air 2. AirSense started working after I landed it when the 1st battery was swapped out. It kept working through batteries #2 & #3. Just as many (or more) planes in the sky before the 1st landing/battery swap out than during the 2nd and 3rd batteries/flights.
Do you also get Audible alerts on the Air 2? I don't fly mine as often lately with my newer drones stealing the thunder, but I don't recall getting audibles on the last few flights.

Do you also get Audible alerts on the Air 2? I don't fly mine as often lately with my newer drones stealing the thunder, but I don't recall getting audibles on the last few flights.
Any alerts that I get include the Audio Alerts.

Playing some more with this today from a cold start, I found that AirSense doesn't start working until there's a Strong GNSS Signal (White Satellite Icon).

Otherwise, the landing flow was over the house today and I didn't get any Manned Aircraft Alerts -- my guess was because the M3 was on the ground.

This jet was 1500 feet above the M3 according to AirSense.

View attachment 146203
ATM, Airsense is hit and miss and does not work properly.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
ATM, Airsense is hit and miss and does not work properly.
"I found that AirSense doesn't start working until there's a Strong GNSS Signal (White Satellite Icon)." I'll pay attention to this during my next flights. The park that I fly in has lots of open sky and I seem to remember seeing "lots" of satellites being locked but I'll pay special attention to this.

I'll be devil's advocate here. Since the new firmware yesterday which mainly focused on sat acquisition, my Airsense 'seems' to be working correctly. Knowing it was a previous problem, I monitored and compared with my ADS-B receiver (RasPi running 1090) and I was getting correct indications for the 5 - 10 minutes I monitored. Aircraft that weren't transmitting ADS-B obviously didn't/won't show up.
I hope you get yours sorted Thumbswayup

Curious, are you using an app on the phone, or the RC Pro. With my RC Pro definitely still not working.

Reactions: Atkas and Suren
Curious, are you using an app on the phone, or the RC Pro. With my RC Pro definitely still not working.
Using RC Pro, and have tested with and without internet connectivity. Can't give conclusive results as I am unaware of DJI's triggers/boundaries for aircraft alerts. But I have definitely had several hits, and observed many outside what I would consider threat ranges, but without any sort of control data, it's just speculation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas