DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airserver - for your drone audience

marklyn

Reactions
I found an interesting software called Airserver which basically lets you receive a video/audio transmission from your iOS device (ipad, iphone - which has airplay). In my case I have a Windows laptop where AIrserver is installed and all I have to do is turn on Airplay on my iPad and stream what I see on the iPad real time to the Windows laptop.
This has really come in handy with one or more people want to watch what I'm doing but in doing so it's too difficult for one or more people to crowd around the device connected to your controller, plus the screen is too small. I just set the laptop up a few feet away where I'm standing and let my friends/family watch the screen and that leaves me with plenty of elbow room. One of the things I really like about it is that you can record everything, which is helpful when you want to scrutinize any changes in camera, gimbal angle, etc., after your flight.
The software can be purchased for Mac's, PC's and other devices.
It only cost me $14.99 for my laptop.
I'm not affiliated in any way with the company, just wanted to pass on something I thought was pretty cool.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Mred32
There is a program I use called LonelyScreen, it does the same thing for free.
You use a hotspot such as your phone or mobile wifi unit to link the iOS device to the laptop.

It had a screen recording function although I prefer to use cyberlink screen recorder.

I review it here

Reactions: marklyn
There is a program I use called LonelyScreen, it does the same thing for free.
You use a hotspot such as your phone or mobile wifi unit to link the iOS device to the laptop.

It had a screen recording function although I prefer to use cyberlink screen recorder.

I review it here

It's showing it as a Free Trial now on their website but paid after that. It doesn't mention how long the "Free Trial" lasts.

I think I'm going to try them both out.

It's showing it as a Free Trial now on their website but paid after that. It doesn't mention how long the "Free Trial" lasts.

I think I'm going to try them both out.

Paid ?? Let me check

I think you only pay for business use mate, personal use is free,

Excellent. I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Thanks.

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke