DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace question

rahrok

Reactions
I've done all my flying in Florida at near sea level. When we see the dimensions of B, C, and D airspace on a VFR sectional chart, is the vertical limit in MSL or AGL? How does it work if an airport is at a very high elevation, say a Class C with an airport elevation of 4,000ft?

Its MSL. I also had to think through that recently as I am on west coast, by sea level. Its MSL though. Look at some charts for high elevation airports, the numbers go up.

Airspace for B, C and D is MSL - Class E is either 700 AGL (shaded magenta) or 1200 AGL (shaded blue), or sometimes down to the ground (dashed magenta line). The sectional map always shows the altitude for B, C and D in MSL and Class E is AGL. Use Airmap to get clearance.

Reactions: Gindra and sar104
I've done all my flying in Florida at near sea level. When we see the dimensions of B, C, and D airspace on a VFR sectional chart, is the vertical limit in MSL or AGL? How does it work if an airport is at a very high elevation, say a Class C with an airport elevation of 4,000ft?
On

UAS flights are all in AGL not MSL. MSL is used on sectional charts as a universal standard. So if you are standing at 4000 ft MSL you can fly 400 feet AGL in uncontrolled airspace. If in controlled airspace there are different AGL limits based, generally, on how far from the airport you are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki