DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Albany / Capital District / Upstate New York

I took the plunge last night and downloaded the .700 firmware haven't tried it yet but I figured why not. my other Mavic I'm leaving at .400 because that firmware was flawless.

I'll try looking at some videos on youtube today. And buy some filters in about 2 weeks. I have the latest firmware on both the controller and drone. I have not notice anything yet but I'm still new at the whole thing.
adec993cdbba6310fe5dd4df934f3ddf.jpg

Get a set of these filters they make the photos look great videos look great

Where did you get your filers from and how much were they?

I bought them online from PolarPro you can get them both as a set for 100 and something dollars or you can get them separate for $79 each

If you are taling filters ND and I have not flown over water yet. I'm still learning to fly well. I've only had the my Mavic Pro since Monday.

I'll try looking at some videos on youtube today. And buy some filters in about 2 weeks. I have the latest firmware on both the controller and drone. I have not notice anything yet but I'm still new at the whole thing.

Where did you get your filers from and how much were they?

So I read and whiched videos on that filters, are they easy to put on and take off? Does it dad weight to the gimbal?

So I read and whiched videos on that filters, are they easy to put on and take off? Does it dad weight to the gimbal?

Yes they are easy on and off and it does not affect camera gimbal that's why I use them well one reason why I use them

Do you use the B4UFly app that the FAA put out? If not you should it could save you a lot of trouble. Lets you know if you need to call a airport or not.

Looking like a good time to go fly suns out but I can't till after 2 pm that sucks

Yes, it's nice out and going to get better. I was out early in Washington Park (I live on the edge of the park) when my drone was attacked by birds. It scared me, I shared the story. Here is the lnk: My Mavic Pro under attacked.... I'm letting the batteries charge up and I'm going to head back around 12-1.

Haven't had a problem with birds YET. Lol glad to see the MP made it out in one piece.

Knight Hawk you still at the park or thinking of going back today? I am free to meet up and flllyyyy

So I live right on the edge of the park ( 5-second walk from door to park). I have called all the numbers listed in this app and always left a voicemail. I do question the phone numbers listed, but I have called them. The only location I worry about is Albany Medical. It is a five-minute walk from me. I heard the helicopters all the time and they I yet to fly over the park. Not to say they will not. But when I hear them and I look all around me for them. The closest I can to a helicopter was the two News choppers this past Sunday. They were filming the Tulip Festival. I was at or below 250 feet high, and they were at about 600-700 feet high and about 600-700 feet away from me. And after 2 minutes of me flying with them in the air, I landed my Mavic packed up and went home. Even though I was there first, I got to respect them. They have larger toys than I.

Only wanted to make you aware so you didn't get in trouble with big fines. Looks great for flying and taking pictures, just didn't wanna get harassed by cops or ppl lol.

Knight will you be at the park tonight around 6 ? Was going to give the spot a try and snap a few pictures

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu