DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Albany / Capital District / Upstate New York

It's cool Flying Hun when the timing it right. I was out around 7 AM recording in the park. Slayerstwin, I made a second video. I know it's nowhere near 100%, it's more like 65-70% good. It's a training video for me.

thats some great footage. I just got a spark and have been playing around. I work right by the park and walk there often at lunch. The first shot in your video is exactly what I imagined doing the other day. nicely done.

How's flying near Schenectady...gonna be up there today and wanna to get a shot of the canal !!

anyone active in the capital district? now its warmer out and the days are longer = time available to fly!

New Flyer here in Schenectady NY. Anyone know a good spot to fly local?
the schenectady tower told me at maalwyck park in scotia you can fly up to the 400' agl, and its wide open with water nearby.
i flew over in halfmoon this past weekend it was fun.

the schenectady tower told me at maalwyck park in scotia you can fly up to the 400' agl, and its wide open with water nearby.
i flew over in halfmoon this past weekend it was fun.
OK yeah i heard about that park but i thought it was restricted to the local RC club only!

New Flyer here... Niskayuna... just picked up a Mav2 Pro... will go out today probably Washington Park... I also thought maalwyck park was restricted to the local rc club (?)

Does anyone know If Maalwyck park is restricted to local Rc. Any other good spots to view canal and/or trains?

Looking to meet up and fly. I'm in Albany, New York currently learning to fly in Washinton Park. I am looking to fly on the weekend and some days after 6 PM. Can travel to other location in the Capital District / Upstate New York. Hit me up and fly safe.
just got my mavic fly more air 2 for Christmas with the new controller. :Love to fly with someone. Thanks

I have a Mavic 2 and like to meet up with other flyers. I'm in Glenmont. Down this way, we have the Henry Hudson park, right on the river.

Looking to meet up and fly. I'm in Albany, New York currently learning to fly in Washinton Park. I am looking to fly on the weekend and some days after 6 PM. Can travel to other location in the Capital District / Upstate New York. Hit me up and fly safe.
Knight Hawk,

Knight Hawk, We are not Droners but, live in Greenville and need the help of a drone own/Opr who can help us with a Wildlife Medical Intervention soon. If you or someone can, we can help a critter who needs help, badly. BE Part of a team: Rehabilatator/Vet Tech and Vet Tech with Jungle experience as well. Please let us know, thank you, Merguin07 (John)

Knight Hawk, We are not Droners but, live in Greenville and need the help of a drone own/Opr who can help us with a Wildlife Medical Intervention soon. If you or someone can, we can help a critter who needs help, badly. BE Part of a team: Rehabilatator/Vet Tech and Vet Tech with Jungle experience as well. Please let us know, thank you, Merguin07 (John)

KH, That is not an option, we need one private drone Own/Opr only for our team and are reaching for assistance. If you can recommend one, this is a critical, narrow, and
limited intervention, requiring our precise plan only, no second chances. Thank you, John

KH, That is not an option, we need one private drone Own/Opr only for our team and are reaching for assistance. If you can recommend one, this is a critical, narrow, and
limited intervention, requiring our precise plan only, no second chances. Thank you, John
Please see my PM to you and/or the post on the thread that you started here.

So I live right on the edge of the park ( 5-second walk from door to park). I have called all the numbers listed in this app and always left a voicemail. I do question the phone numbers listed, but I have called them. The only location I worry about is Albany Medical. It is a five-minute walk from me. I heard the helicopters all the time and they I yet to fly over the park. Not to say they will not. But when I hear them and I look all around me for them. The closest I can to a helicopter was the two News choppers this past Sunday. They were filming the Tulip Festival. I was at or below 250 feet high, and they were at about 600-700 feet high and about 600-700 feet away from me. And after 2 minutes of me flying with them in the air, I landed my Mavic packed up and went home. Even though I was there first, I got to respect them. They have larger toys than I.
As the other guy said, use the B4UFly app and you can request a flight plan/Geo override right from the FAA. Then all you have to do is imported into the Drone and you're good to go. The app alerts the airport towers, hospitals, etc... I would also recommend paying a $15 for a license. I had one for my other drone and you and I'm using it on my mini 2. It definitely saves a lot of hassle.

As the other guy said, use the B4UFly app and you can request a flight plan/Geo override right from the FAA. Then all you have to do is imported into the Drone and you're good to go. The app alerts the airport towers, hospitals, etc... I would also recommend paying a $15 for a license. I had one for my other drone and you and I'm using it on my mini 2. It definitely saves a lot of hassle.

Do you have anything to cite your claims of "The app alerts the airport towers, hospitals, etc..."

Getting Authorization does not create a NOTAM or "make notifications" automatically IIRC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara