DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Black Mavic Pro (pics)

NYCMAV

Reactions
I bought this matte black wrap decal from a new Japanese company - DJI Mavic pro用 ドローン ラッピング・スキンシール DRONEWRAP.SHOP

I really wanted that 'stealthy' look. Installation wasn't that difficult (although patience is needed) and unlike other wrap offerings Ive seen, this one has a lot more coverage on the edges. I'm very impressed with the quality.

I was fortunate to get hold of one before they actually sell in the US, but they've told me they're launching an English website soon.

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_9520.jpg
IMG_9522.jpg
IMG_9524.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg

Last edited:
Black suits it, makes it look even meaner! What are you using on your battery terminals and sticks to protect them?

I think so too!

I found the stick guards on eBay (just search you'll find quite a few sellers) and the battery terminal covers are from a company called Dynamic 3D Solutions.

Would you able to take off from that table without too much interference from next building?
I am having issues in similar setting (to be expected, of course)

Just wondering, thanks

Would you able to take off from that table without too much interference from next building?
I am having issues in similar setting (to be expected, of course)

Just wondering, thanks

Thats on my roof and I haven't tried anything other than one time hovering for a few meters along the deck. I live on the 12th floor in the middle of manhattan surrounded by huge buildings. If I start up the mavic here I get a ton of interference and compass error warnings. It also wont lock on to enough satellites to establish GPS. For those reasons I wont risk it.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX and Sean
I bought this matte black wrap decal from a new Japanese company - DJI Mavic pro用 ドローン ラッピング・スキンシール DRONEWRAP.SHOP

I really wanted that 'stealthy' look. Installation wasn't that difficult (although patience is needed) and unlike other wrap offerings Ive seen, this one has a lot more coverage on the edges. I'm very impressed with the quality.

I was fortunate to get hold of one before they actually sell in the US, but they've told me they're launching an English website soon.

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_9520.jpg
IMG_9522.jpg
IMG_9524.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg
I like it. How do I order one without learning Japanese? Just have to wait for the English site I guess?

Reactions: witnessthefunk
I just sent them an email and asked. I don't want to post the address here in case they're not ready to offer it yet. I also just gave the company rep the link to this thread. Maybe they'll sign up and update everyone further.

This looks as good as a paint job. Can't really see any seams from the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks as good as a paint job. Can't really see any seams from the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - its as good as you're going to get with a wrap thats for sure.

I'm not a fan of wraps. To me they make a new Mavic just look like an old used Mavic covered with a bunch of stickers. Having said that, I like this. It actually looks more like a good paint job and I would consider doing this to mine (but probably won't). Only criticism I can give based off the pictures is they could make the hole for the battery on/off a little smaller to cover more grey.

Reactions: jointeffort
I'm not a fan of wraps. To me they make a new Mavic just look like an old used Mavic covered with a bunch of stickers. Having said that, I like this. It actually looks more like a good paint job and I would consider doing this to mine (but probably won't). Only criticism I can give based off the pictures is they could make the hole for the battery on/off a little smaller to cover more grey.

The Mavic gets pretty hot. I wonder if people will start having problems with the wraps after some intense use.

The wrap doesn't interfere with the heatsink or vents at all. I don't foresee any problems.

Thats on my roof and I haven't tried anything other than one time hovering for a few meters along the deck. I live on the 12th floor in the middle of manhattan surrounded by huge buildings. If I start up the mavic here I get a ton of interference and compass error warnings. It also wont lock on to enough satellites to establish GPS. For those reasons I wont risk it.

Thanks, I live in a low rise area and even there it is tough flying from my roof. As you said, not worth risk.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Sean
How did you even find the contact link on their website? Would love to order one of these skins.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK