DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All my batteries fried

AerialViewSolutions

Reactions
I tried being cheap and used a off brand charger for my mavic batteries. It had a bunch of good reviews on Amazon. Well now all of my batteries are damaged and showing 2 flashing lights for the cells being friend. I'd recommend you all stay away from this charger. I'll post a pic of the listing. I've tried completely discharging and recharging them with no luck. I also contacted DJI and they refused to help me ( I didn't tell them about the off brand charger). What sucks is a couple of them are only like 8 months old with 11 charges on them!
IMG_0421.JPG

The error I'm getting from my battery is a single led flashing twice consecutively. I'll look into the DJI assistant tomorrow like the video showed though. Worth a shot!

Which led is flashing? Wait until the morning then try charging each one on your OEM charger.

Just FYI, Fstop makes some really good equipment, you might have gotten a bad one. I have bought tons of stuff from them and they are good people.

I never really looked at the battery cells in detail, but there's some voltage difference between the 3 cells. I wonder if discharging and charging with the OEM charger a few times might stablise them? Was the 3rd party charger overcharging the batteries?

Reactions: Former Member
I never really looked at the battery cells in detail, but there's some voltage difference between the 3 cells. I wonder if discharging and charging with the OEM charger a few times might stablise them? Was the 3rd party charger overcharging the batteries?

Good point. OP you should write down the voltages on each battery, and then charge them with the OEM charger then see if it balances them batter. As @RayOZ said, theres quite a difference in the individual cell voltages, as if they are not balanced.

Good point. OP you should write down the voltages on each battery, and then charge them with the OEM charger then see if it balances them batter. As @RayOZ said, theres quite a difference in the individual cell voltages, as if they are not balanced.

I've already tried the discharge and recharge once. I still got the double flash after but didn't put them into the mavic to check the voltages. I'll have to see if the one recharge helps. It's also really hard to discharge the batteries completely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar