DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost lost my mavic air today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt comfortable about 10 gps so i waited for 15. Which btw, took a lot long time.

This particular place was slow in gps and the entire flight of only like 100-200 meters distance of 30-50 meters height had a total of 17 gps. It would go up/down to 15 gps on some parts usually close to the power line.
So far you are just making guesses that might be completely unrelated to the incident.
If you do want to find out what happened, Post #8 shows you how.

Reactions: droneloverair
So far you are just making guesses that might be completely unrelated to the incident.
If you do want to find out what happened, Post #8 shows you how.

Thanks but i dont feel comfy giving out my true location.

If in the future i have a serious issue and knock on wood, i manage to crash, Ill upload the flight records. Seems simple enough according to instructions.

My real problem was difficulty seeing the drone in that close of a distance. But it could be my fault for flying at mere 50meters and blending the black mavic air with the darker tree lines.

If only i could see it clearly i would have comfortably guide it back to me.
If it wasnt for the built in map, i would probably loose it due to low battery of 4 mins.

I use them all the time on my M2Z. They are a great aid in maintaining VLOS.
Does anyone make a gizmo to attach them to an Air?

:eek:
Yepp ... 3M Dual lock velcro ;) ?

But to be honest ... I use the ARC XL

1589211704844.png

Last edited:
Yepp ... 3M Dual lock velcro ;) ?

But to be honest ... I use the ARC XL

View attachment 101040

Ha! I was about to post a picture of this same one from actionking.se.

Does it do anything negative while filming in daylight? Im sure it does when night time.

Attachments

• CA09DF4E-289B-48EB-9F6F-9EF0DBD6EFBF.png
    CA09DF4E-289B-48EB-9F6F-9EF0DBD6EFBF.png
    1 MB · Views: 23
Now that this thread has become about strobe lights...

OP refusing to give detailed logs (his absolute right) leaves us hanging without the ability to diagnose anything further.

Any here have any suggestions on some sort of bright reflecting decals i could put on bellow the battery side or even on the prop arms to make it even more visibile in sunlight?
I am not sure about decals. Maybe some of the guys with "skins" can answer, but a small strobe on the bottom/back helps during the day time as well.

Now that this thread has become about strobe lights...

OP refusing to give detailed logs (his absolute right) leaves us hanging without the ability to diagnose anything further.

Well the thing is i didnt crash. And i didnt have any loss of control or any weirdness other than i myself just got disorriented because of a: flew only about 30-50 meters high that made the mavic air blend with the dark horizon just below the tree line further away.
B: the sun was shining very bright. I was also purposely underexposing my shots so i wouldnt blow the highlights for post.

All totally my fault.

The greatest tool here is the map. Anybody that gets disoriented please use the map, increase height and head to your direction manually and not use the RTH.

Reactions: razoraerial
If you want to find out what happened and where to search ...
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

And as above, you are waasting your effort recalibrating each flight.
It's not at all necessary.
Don't fly near power lines, especially in Scotland extreme North. Screws the GPS. Only just got mine back, it drifts.

I had my first low bat warning in 2 years last week. M2Z was about 300 m away. I used the map to bring it back to above me accurately with no issues. I had the warning set at 25% which only gave me 5 mins and it took 3 mins to return to land safely.
Yes bushes and the wife were nearby but I'm the pilot....
Power lines ...... yes in my experiences they cause minor interference and hesitation in receiving signals and glitches in video feedback. I have had one flyaway with a cheaper drone which was spectacular to watch.... and made me buy a DJI.... So I avoid the Power lines ...

I had a similar thing happened to me yesterday with my MAVIC AIR 2. When returning under a low batter warning, the drone seem to just stop. No ascend or descend. It appeared as if it began to drift. It became unresponsive. I finally got a command recognized and thought to lower the altitude to 196 ft. On the off chance that it hit a change in airspace classification. as soon as I got it under the 196, she cam on back. I need to go back and look at that flight data. As I type this, i bet that is what happened. I wish there was a way to reduce some of the fly safe "features". fine regained contacting came out home I don't think I could think of it was returning to home at a higher elevation vinial at higher altitude in allowed at La Crosse intisar newalta tune restriction period and so it hit that like hitting a wall in just hovered there

This thread has gotten lost in the weeds. OP isn’t going to post logs, so it looks like we’re done here.
84CAA4A0-B476-49A8-8580-24476ABE9D3C.jpeg

Reactions: Pietros
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth