DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aloft (laanc) question

DylanAustin

Reactions
I have a question in relation to laanc in regards to aloft. I was trying to request permissions and even though I’m in 2 different types of airspace, aloft said it wasn't able to give laanc in uncontrolled areas. Am I missing something?IMG_0230.PNGIMG_0230.PNGIMG_0229.PNG

What is the specific location address?

B4UFly does show it as controlled airspace.

I was trying to increase the height to 400 and it says laanc isn’t available in uncontrolled air space

Yes, I'm seeing the same result. Very strange. The FAA SUAS facility map shows it with LAANC available up to 400', too.
You may have discovered a bug.

It is definitely controlled airspace. But try using a different LAANC provider. I also usually use Aloft, but have Airmap on my phone also. I had no trouble getting authorization to fly in your spot when using Airmap.

This is kind of strange. I just went to my mobile Aloft app and it walked me right through the steps for approval at 400' at the address you mentioned. (I did not enter the address per se but stuck a pin at that address.) I stopped at that point when it said I was eligible, etc. I'm in Michigan too and use Aloft for my LAANC work without issue. Only suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest Aloft.

I know I am in the UK but was in Florida a couple of weeks ago and got LAANC BUT had to do with 100ft in the controlled airspace I was in. Could that be the problem. Was using Aloft.

This looks like a bug in Aloft. I requested LAANC clearance using Airspacelink and got immediate approval.

Airspacelink is a free web-based LAANC provider. You can set up an account for their Airhub Launch service for pilots and make LAANC requests on the web.

@DylanAustin, Aloft tech support responded and said that they were seeing no issues. I've just had a look and your address and other locations nearby are showing"Eligible for Auto-Approval" rather than "LAANC not available."

There was certainly some sort of transient issue with Aloft earlier that didn't happen on Airspacelink.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid