DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternstives To CrystalSky

The main problem is that, while the screen is beautiful, the CrystalSky is a piece of hot garbage internally and runs Android 2.0. My best chance of running DJI Fly, which is only compatible with 6.0+, would be to either port the app backwards, or install a full, modded version of Android onto the CrystalSky. I'm currently exploring my options, definitely thinking that if it's possible to completely change out the operating system, that would be ideal.

~RKarim

The main problem is that, while the screen is beautiful, the CrystalSky is a piece of hot garbage internally and runs Android 2.0. My best chance of running DJI Fly, which is only compatible with 6.0+, would be to either port the app backwards, or install a full, modded version of Android onto the CrystalSky. I'm currently exploring my options, definitely thinking that if it's possible to completely change out the operating system, that would be ideal.

~RKarim
Very interested if you could roll an updated android onto a crystalsky. There isn't anything that I've found that comes close to the nits output. My iPhone 11 Pro puts out 800 and its just barely good enough to see in sunny Arizona.

Very interested if you could roll an updated android onto a crystalsky. There isn't anything that I've found that comes close to the nits output. My iPhone 11 Pro puts out 800 and its just barely good enough to see in sunny Arizona.

Yeah, I was thinking my best bet would be figuring out how to install a full, operational version of LineageOS onto it.

I have a Mini 5 out for delivery today and a Hoodman coming on Sunday.
Cool, I kind of want an iPad Pro 11 since its got even more nits than the iPad mini 5, and its got that sexy super slim border. However, in trying out my ipad air 2 that's mainly for my kids use makes me think its a bit too unweildly and the mini is the sweet spot for size.

Reactions: bp328i
Cool, I kind of want an iPad Pro 11 since its got even more nits than the iPad mini 5, and its got that sexy super slim border. However, in trying out my ipad air 2 that's mainly for my kids use makes me think its a bit too unweildly and the mini is the sweet spot for size.
I kind of have a problem with technology...lol.

I have the 2018 iPad 11 Pro, iPad Air 3, and getting the iPad Mini 5 today. I’ve had the 11 Pro for a few months now and bought the iPad Air 3 to fly the MA2 with. Then I went and watched a YouTube video that showed how the iPad Mini fits in the side pocket of the Fly More Combo bag and was instantly sold.

If the rumors are true about the iPad Mini 6 that will definitely be the go-to. It’s supposedly going to have the same form factor as the current pros (super slim bezel) but with a 8.9” screen.

I keep telling myself I will just sell the iPad Air 3 but in reality I will more than likely keep it.

Here’s a picture of the 11 Pro and the Air 3 with the controller.

Attachments

• 89C5AFE4-7C38-4BCD-A2F1-21C353369FDC.jpeg
    89C5AFE4-7C38-4BCD-A2F1-21C353369FDC.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
  • BD418F16-80C6-4C70-A037-8F855304657D.jpeg
    BD418F16-80C6-4C70-A037-8F855304657D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads