DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternstives To CrystalSky

If you don't want to use a phone or tablet, the Smart Controller will be the only other option. Unfortunately, it doesn't work yet either, but DJI promised a firmware update to make it work pretty quickly....but no one has a hard date as to when it will be ready.

If you don't want to use a phone or tablet, the Smart Controller will be the only other option. Unfortunately, it doesn't work yet either, but DJI promised a firmware update to make it work pretty quickly....but no one has a hard date as to when it will be ready.

Hello!

Wonderful. Why they can't do these things before they release the new product will be a mystery forever, I guess.

Thanks,

~RKarim

Reactions: Jet skier
Hello!

I was looking to purchase a CrystalSky or similar for use with my Mavic Air 2. Unfortunately, CrystalSky doesn't support DJI Fly. Are there any similar products that would work for me, or am I stuck using a phone/tablet?

Thanks,

~RKarim
What is the problem in your workflow? I love my CS for use with my M2P... all software current.
Only use my SC of going on a long hike, etc.

True... best of luck finding your alternative Thumbswayup

Hello!

The DJI employee I talked to hinted at a possible firmware update later on to make it work. If not, someone in the modding community will do it eventually. Just a matter of waiting a while, I guess.

~RKarim

Well, now that I am looking for it I can't find it, but I swear the CrystalSky update to support the MA2 was only a couple of weeks away.

Obviously don't fully trust me on that, but it was somewhere I swear! Like to the point I almost ordered the CrystalSky just from the writeup.

Well, now that I am looking for it I can't find it, but I swear the CrystalSky update to support the MA2 was only a couple of weeks away.

Obviously don't fully trust me on that, but it was somewhere I swear! Like to the point I almost ordered the CrystalSky just from the writeup.

The update to the smart controller is supposed to be only a few weeks away (or was on release date, so soon), but so far no word on the Crystal Sky being compatible. The Crystal Sky most likely won't be ever compatible due to the old 6 year old chip and 32 bit architecture.

Reactions: Shoofly2
I mean, anyone know of a tablet for $400-500 with a ridiculously bright and high quality screen? Should work just as well.

Thanks,

~RKarim

I’m using CS with original MP and Evo. Want to use it on MA2. Round and round with DJI on compatibility. First no, then maybe, then no again. With the Evo, just downloaded Explorer app to CS. Everything worked except the map.
Does anyone see a workaround for use with MA2? A real shame not to be able to use a very expensive CS with the Air2.

I’m using CS with original MP and Evo. Want to use it on MA2. Round and round with DJI on compatibility. First no, then maybe, then no again. With the Evo, just downloaded Explorer app to CS. Everything worked except the map.
Does anyone see a workaround for use with MA2? A real shame not to be able to use a very expensive CS with the Air2.

I'm pretty good with Android development, and plan on buying one and developing a mod for it.

~RKarim

Interesting I didn’t know the crystal sky worked with evo oneBut the map thing is kind of a no go I guess

I think the best hope for the Crystal Sky is for Litchi or a 3rd party app working with it. Its hard to imagine that DJI will backwards port a 32 bit fly app, but I guess you never know.

I don’t know what backwards port means but it sounds difficult. I guess. Do you think Litchi will be available on CS for Air 2? Just hate to junk the CS. It is so nice in bright sun. Nothing really like it except SC and I’m not buying it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes