DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude Height Limitation

islandivan

Reactions
Hey everyone I attempted to launch my mavic air in a downtown location and had an issue with reaching maximum altitude message which was about 10-15 feet tops. Drone launch was in OPTI mode had some GPS signal at the time 7 channels indicated. I have flown in this area numerous times in either OPTI or GPS so I am not sure what the issue is. Message indicated that I needed to correct MS for altitude which was at the legal limit. Any ideas?? Thanks everyone.

Hey everyone I attempted to launch my mavic air in a downtown location and had an issue with reaching maximum altitude message which was about 10-15 feet tops. Drone launch was in OPTI mode had some GPS signal at the time 7 channels indicated. I have flown in this area numerous times in either OPTI or GPS so I am not sure what the issue is. Message indicated that I needed to correct MS for altitude which was at the legal limit. Any ideas?? Thanks everyone.
You did not have enough sats for P-GPS mode, probably because the skyview was blocked by tall buildings.
The explanation is on p48 of your manual:
Height is restricted to 16 feet (5 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated.

Reactions: Drone Master
I've run into that twice. It says max altitude 98' when it wouldn't go over 16'. When I checked the system's max altitude, it had reset itself to over 700'. When I set it back to under 400' I was able to climb to that altitude. I had never before experienced weak signals in my neighborhood but today I lost connection entirely. The system gave me the option of Taking Off! Here's a short video clip of both issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinblueline3