DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude problems?

chyba wygląda na to, że naprawiłem ten błąd. Zrobiłem ponownie instalację oprogramowania, potem kalibracje czujników oraz kalibracje imu i kompasu i dron leci normalnie już nie zwalnia przy opuszczaniu i nie aktywuje automatycznego lądowania. spójrz na dzienniki

Google translate:
I guess it looks like I fixed this bug. I did a software installation again, then sensor calibrations and imu and compass calibrations and the drone flies normally, no longer slows down when lowering and does not activate the automatic landing. look at the logs
The VPS height reading still look very odd ...

The chart further below show one of the ascents/descents you made ... the craft remained all the time within the red circle in the sat pic.

1622719246368.png

It's straight over a gravel road ... here

1622719298193.png

The VPS height reading (green graph) is very erratic on both ascents and descents & something happens at 147,8sec where it jumps down to zero & up again. It looks like it's affected by vibrations as the reading settles when you let off from the throttle or isn't descending down in "dirty air" (prop wash). Is the sensor loose in the craft?

1622719468385.png

rethe drone is new, it has a few days and you can not hear anything flying in it. can anyone upload logs from his air2 for comparison?

The VPS reading (green) from the flight May 15:th ... looks normal in it's shape.

1622723832955.png

And here from the flight June 3:rd ... a oscillating & erratic reading.

1622723881636.png

if it's ok, it means that something suddenly happened to the drone. it is the first flight after the drone is taken out of warranty.

The flight from May 26:th also show this erratic VPS behavior ... looking at the whole flight in a chart doesn't immediately show it as clearly as from the one made in June 3:rd but it's there, have red circled where it happens.

1622726445237.png

If zooming in this is seen ... again correlates to ascends/descends (vibrations), the black graph is your throttle command.

1622726521740.png

And another place in the same flight ...

1622726585033.png

So there is nothing else but to send the drone back for guarantees, but how to prove to them that the vps is damaged and the calibrations do not help?

So there is nothing else but to send the drone back for guarantees, but how to prove to them that the vps is damaged and the calibrations do not help?
Synch your flight data so they can see it.
Then start a with their online support.

I have an A2S. My precision landing seem to be off about 50% of the time. Plus, altitude on take off generally spot on, but altitude when landing was off, and it was missing the pad. I figured out that what I was always doing a compass calibration before my first flight, even know the compass was normal. My second flight altitude was correct and hitting the landing pad. I now restart the drone after doing a compass calibration. Problem solved : Altitude report is correct, and precision landing 100%. Question - should I have to restart the drone after a compass calibration and how likely is it that the compass calibration without a restart was causing the reported altitude to be off ?

Last edited:
I have an A2S. My precision landing seem to be off about 50% of the time. Plus, altitude on take off generally spot on, but altitude when landing was off, and it was missing the pad. I figured out that what I was always doing a compass calibration before my first flight, even know the compass was normal. My second flight altitude was correct and hitting the landing pad. I now restart the drone after doing a compass calibration. Problem solved : Altitude report is correct, and precision landing 100%. Question - should I have to restart the drone after a compass calibration and how likely is it that the compass calibration without a restart was causing the reported altitude to be off ?
cant remember last doing a compass calibration ,i did one when it was first setup but non since seems spot on and very accurate.

I have an A2S. My precision landing seem to be off about 50% of the time.
If it's more than a few inches off, the drone was not able to use the precision landing feature and was using GPS alone.
This is not a problem, as long as you launch from a clear area with no obstacles for several metres around.
Page 16 of the manual explains the Precision Landing feature and its limitations.
Plus, altitude on take off generally spot on, but altitude when landing was off, and it was missing the pad. I figured out that what I was always doing a compass calibration before my first flight, even know the compass was normal. My second flight altitude was correct and hitting the landing pad. I now restart the drone after doing a compass calibration. Problem solved : Altitude report is correct, and precision landing 100%. Question - should I have to restart the drone after a compass calibration and how likely is it that the compass calibration without a restart was causing the reported altitude to be off ?
It's common and normal for the altitude shown on your screen to be a few metres out over the time of a flight.
That's just how a barometric sensor works with small changes in air pressure.
It's nothing to worry about.
You shouldn't need to calibrate the compass at all and it has no effect on the altitude measurement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying