DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude Zone legend?

Originally I used default of Spark, which worked, then switched to Mini which also worked. It seems something's wrong with your browser/environment with those popups.

I had been using the browser on my phone which could be a factor. I'll later try Chrome on a PC for Spark, Mini and M2 and report.

How about the other areas? If they also show altitude zones, then you definitely know something's up with your browser.

Originally I used default of Spark, which worked, then switched to Mini which also worked. It seems something's wrong with your browser/environment with those popups.

I had been using the browser on my phone which could be a factor. I'll later try Chrome on a PC for Spark, Mini and M2 and report.

I tested it in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. It's not the browser.

How about the other areas? If they also show altitude zones, then you definitely know something's up with your browser.

Which other areas?

RDL has two parallel runways and are designated 5L/23R and 5R/23L.
Witch the introduction of the GEO 2 system, DJI simply assigned to each runway separately an Altitude Zone. Then closer the runways are, then more or less the GEO zones overlap. This lead sometimes to confusion, so DJI decided to 'combine' two adjacent zones. But they did it in a 'quick and dirty' way.
Sometimes, as seen with RDL, there are remaining fragments from older zone definitions.

Here a visual aid, to make it clearer:
2020-01-26_16-35-46.png

Witch the introduction of the GEO 2 system, DJI simply assigned to each runway separately an Altitude Zone. Then closer the runways are, then more or less the GEO zones overlap. This lead sometimes to confusion, so DJI decided to 'combine' two adjacent zones. But they did it in a 'quick and dirty' way.
Sometimes, as seen with RDL, there are remaining fragments from older zone definitions.

View attachment 92114

Thanks for taking the time to figure that out.

Reactions: Keule

View attachment 92114
That explains the rectangle having the overlap but not why Sar is not able to see the outer altitude zone at its proper limit. His point was on the north edge, but west enough to not be confused with the inner altitude zone.

Can't explain why it shows incorrectly for you. It shows just fine on my HTC phone. Haven't tried a desktop yet though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60