DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always elevating upward

CAW

Reactions
My mavic starts our fine, hovers well and maybe 2-3 minutes into a flight it starts elevating upward and I have to pull back on the stick to bring it back down but goes into landing mode...any ideas what may be causing this.

any ideas what may be causing this
In most cases, this occurs when the Landing Protection setting is enabled in DJI GO and something is triggering the sensors on the bottom of the Mavic. Do you have any kind of 3rd party accessories installed on the bottom of your Mavic (e.g. extended landing gear)?

In most cases, this occurs when the Landing Protection setting is enabled in DJI GO and something is triggering the sensors on the bottom of the Mavic. Do you have any kind of 3rd party accessories installed on the bottom of your Mavic (e.g. extended landing gear)?

Is it necessary to have the Landing Protection enable? and yes I do have leg extenders.

Is it necessary to have the Landing Protection enable?
It sounds like the downward sensors are detecting your landing gear as an obstacle. When this occurs and the throttle stick is moved to the full down position, the Mavic will automatically go into forced landing mode and land (like when it's near the ground).

Here are some things you can do to resolve this issue:

1) Ensure your landing gear is installed properly.

2) Disable the "Landing Protection" setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Note: After disabling this setting, the Mavic will no longer pause and auto land itself when it nears the ground. You'll have full control of it until it lands. So, go easy on the sticks :)

3) Try another set of landing gear. You can find a list of commonly used landing gear here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada