DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I able to use my iPhone and Crystalsky (with Mavic 2 Controller) Simultaneously?

Scooby-Snack

Reactions
Hello all-

Hoping someone with more knowledge that I can answer this question for me. I purchased the Smart Controller while I love the integration and the brightness I'm not a fan how long offloading the footage takes to get to my iPhone and the process it takes to do so. Yes I know that most pull the SD card and Edit on Desktop or Lappy but in my case it would be nice to Post a quick trimmed Video directly from my iPhone to Instagram, FB, Snap Chat etc.

So my question is am I able to use the iPhone and the Crystalsky (more as a Monitor than anything else) with the Mavic 2 Controller?

Thank you for the replies in advance-

Scoob

Hello all-

Hoping someone with more knowledge that I can answer this question for me. I purchased the Smart Controller while I love the integration and the brightness I'm not a fan how long offloading the footage takes to get to my iPhone and the process it takes to do so. Yes I know that most pull the SD card and Edit on Desktop or Lappy but in my case it would be nice to Post a quick trimmed Video directly from my iPhone to Instagram, FB, Snap Chat etc.

So my question is am I able to use the iPhone and the Crystalsky (more as a Monitor than anything else) with the Mavic 2 Controller?

Thank you for the replies in advance-

Scoob
No there’s no way to do without a second remote even in which case seems like a lot of hassle.

However, there’s an easy fix to solve your issue of quickly transferring to your iPhone. Get a lightning to SD card adapter.

This way you can take out the SD card from the drone and import the photos directly to the Photos app without needing to first transfer to a computer.

As an added benefit you can take RAW photos and transfer them to the Photos app which will give you better quality edited photos. The iOS photos app has native support for RAW photos meaning that you will not notice any difference in how you edit or post photos, only better quality.

I know some people are uncomfortable with RAW photos because they think it takes special software or technical knowledge. Apple has this all figured out and that isn’t true for photos in the Photos app on a Mac or iOS. The app handles the photo like any other and the user doesn’t notice the difference besides quality.

No there’s no way to do without a second remote even in which case seems like a lot of hassle.

However, there’s an easy fix to solve your issue of quickly transferring to your iPhone. Get a lightning to SD card adapter.

This way you can take out the SD card from the drone and import the photos directly to the Photos app without needing to first transfer to a computer.

As an added benefit you can take RAW photos and transfer them to the Photos app which will give you better quality edited photos. The iOS photos app has native support for RAW photos meaning that you will not notice any difference in how you edit or post photos, only better quality.

I know some people are uncomfortable with RAW photos because they think it takes special software or technical knowledge. Apple has this all figured out and that isn’t true for photos in the Photos app on a Mac or iOS. The app handles the photo like any other and the user doesn’t notice the difference besides quality.

Great reply! Thank you so much! I have just placed an order for one. With that said I did find a Like New iPhone XS Max on Craigslist for a good price. Not ultra bright by any means but over 720 Nits is pretty dang good! DJI really did an exceptional job with IOS. It's a shame they couldn't have somehow integrated it into the Smart Controller.

Reactions: brett8883
Great reply! Thank you so much! I have just placed an order for one. With that said I did find a Like New iPhone XS Max on Craigslist for a good price. Not ultra bright by any means but over 720 Nits is pretty dang good! DJI really did an exceptional job with IOS. It's a shame they couldn't have somehow integrated it into the Smart Controller.
I agree Android kinda sucks but the screen makes it worth it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu