DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I blind?

BuyANet

Reactions
Hey yall,

I tried the "Track" feature earlier on my Mavic using Litchi and noticed at one point as I was walking sideway, the Mavic actually backed up :O (There was a house behind it). Glad I knew about the Sport Mode on kill switch lol.

In the DJI Go 4 app I know the setting to tell it not to go backwards (or sideways), but in Litchi all I can find is the following (copied from the Help section)

• Vision Positioning System: Enables/disables the vision positioning system. Mavic/Phantom 4/Inspire 2 only.
  • Collision Avoidance: Enables/disables collision avoidance. Mavic/Phantom 4/Inspire 2 only.
  • Active Obstacle Avoidance: Enables/disables active obstacle avoidance. When enabled, and an obstacle is moving towards the aircraft, the aircraft will actively fly away from it. If while actively avoiding a moving obstacle, the aircraft detects another obstacle in its avoidance path, it will stop. Collision Avoidance must also be enabled. Mavic/Phantom 4/Inspire 2 only.
  • Landing Protection: Enables/disables landing protection. During auto-landing, the downward facing vision sensor will check if the ground surface is flat enough for a safe landing. If it is not and landing protection is enabled, then landing will abort and need to be manually performed by the user. Mavic/Phantom 4/Inspire 2 only.
  • Precision Landing: Enables/disables precision landing. When enabled, the aircraft will record its take-off location visually (as well as with GPS). On a Return-To-Home action the aircraft will attempt to perform a precision landing using the additional visual information. This method only works on a Return-To-Home action when the home location is successfully recorded during take-off, and not changed during flight. Mavic/Phantom 4 only.
Am I missing something? Obviously it's not ideal to go backwards when tracking if a house or any object is behind the Mavic without rear collision avoidance.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857