DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I correct?

Never argue with a know it all, just ignore them.
They think that they know it all, but generally know piss all. It took me decades to learn to just ignore those types of people.
Arguing with an idiot, they just drag you down to their level.
Even on a forum, if you see a know it all, just use the ignore function, and save yourself some frustration.
But it's not in my nature to say nothing ???

if someone approaches me while i am flying ,and this advice applied before and after the covid issue ,my response if they try to get in my face is you will have to excuse me for a few moments while i bring my drone in to land ,could you please stand over there so you dont get hit and then i will be able to talk to you and answer any questions you may have
i use the same technique if approached by a park ranger or a police man it has worked for me for the last few years

The only advice we should to adhere to Thumbswayup

If person A sends his drone east without any up/down movement and he's directly over person B now, will the DJI Fly app indicator change from 100 to 500 feet (assuming no altitude ceiling lock)? Or will it remain at 100 feet?

DJI Fly doesn't know where the ground is, only the height above the takeoff point. It will still read 100 feet in this situation. This is why you need to be aware of the terrain you are flying over so you don't inadvertently exceed the 400 feet AGL limit.

DJI Fly doesn't know where the ground is, only the height above the takeoff point. It will still read 100 feet in this situation. This is why you need to be aware of the terrain you are flying over so you don't inadvertently exceed the 400 feet AGL limit.

Or more likely, crash into rising terrain.

Reactions: old man mavic
I had two encounters with clowns like this before. I told them to call the cops, which they did. When the cops came I said to the guy in charge that I wanted to press charges against the clowns. In Australia is a federal offense to interfere with a pilot in control of a airborne ACFT. Since 9/11 this rule is taken extremely seriously around here, specially when CASA doesn’t differentiate between manned and unmanned ACFT. Needless to say the clowns bravado and tune changed very quickly when I presented a copy of referred Federal law to the cop in charge. Obviously I didn’t press charges but the idiots went home with brown underpants that day.

Attachments

• D617758B-4352-42C7-B45F-0BE1E2BB5457.jpeg
    D617758B-4352-42C7-B45F-0BE1E2BB5457.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 34
isnt it illegal to interfere while the drone in being operated in the air? i swear i read that somewhere. i always try and follow the triad of interaction with nosey strangers: ask them to stop. tell them to stop. show them how to stop.
Ask.. Tell... Make!
Hmmm, familiar saying.
Work related by chance??

Reactions: rhexis
Got into a argument yesterday whilst flying.
Got lumbered with the most annoying person on the planet who said he knew all the laws about flying drones.
Was flying in the county side.
At 110metres.
In front of me a large incline.
This idiot said I could not fly higher than 400 ft from where I was standing.
I said if I was flying at that top of the hill in front of me the 400 ft was valid from under the drone not where I was standing.
I was correct wasn't I?
Ended up having a full blown argument with him despite 2 other pilots backing me up.
Altitude is measured from MSL.

One of the other guys showed him a picture very similar.
He insisted it was out of date and the law changed last year.
Not a nice experience dealing with him.
Lost my temper after he annoyed me for over an hour lol
Sounds like he needed an azs woop’n

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Encountered such a thing Saturday. Suddenly, I heard a lady screaming, "Shoot DOWN that DRONE!" As I was heading back, "Richard! You got your gun. Shoot DOWN that DRONE!" She spoke in the accent you would expect from watching Ken Heron.

I mistook, and brought the drone straight back to me, and now I had Richard on a jet ski sitting a little ways out demanding to know what sort of pervert I was. Now, being aggressively confronted, I lost the ability to speak. (I'm ASD.) Should have gone to sport mode and sent the drone way down the lake shore, then back over the trees so they couldn't see where I recovered it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69