DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I just asking for trouble

outasite

Reactions
Hello from northern Ontario.
Been flying the MA2 for a few months trying to learn as much as possible before summer.

For the experienced flyers the ? Is
Am I asking for trouble if I switch back and forth from an iPad and Android tab.
I have been trying to keep up with the different updates.

Will RC drone and fly app always be compatible between
Android and IOS.
Thanks for any help.

I fly MA2 primarily with my iPad mini.....but I do also fly with a note 8 android.... I've had no problems but also I dont really push it to anywhere near its limits .....I too would love to hear what others think.

Reactions: rickfmdj
I fly MA2 primarily with my iPad mini.....but I do also fly with a note 8 android.... I've had no problems but also I dont really push it to anywhere near its limits .....I too would love to hear what others think.

Yes hope to get some good feed back.
I fly with an iPhone 8 Plus but a little small.
So Tab A 8.4 2020 is my first but still
Like the ISO app more. Might be because I used it first for a few months lol

Thanks for you input and see what response we get

There may be an option(s) available on one platform and not the other.

My Spark comes to mind running the Go4 app.
The embedded flight simulator is active on the Apple but not the Droids due to an update in the app a long time ago.

I haven't flown the MA2 enough between the two devices to notice anything but I have no problems switching between the mini4 and the Motorola.

Am I asking for trouble if I switch back and forth from an iPad and Android tab.

Android and IOS.
It won't make any difference.
If you synch your flight data, it should be visible across whatever devices you use.

Agree with the other posters. I prefer to fly with iPad Mini, but if I'm in a hurry and don't feel like setting up the auxiliary tablet holder, I use my Samsung 8. 99% of the functionality (that I use) is the same across the 2 platforms, so, no, feel free to go to and fro. That said, I sometimes also fly my MA 1 using Litchi...and THAT is always a recurring learning curve!

Hello from northern Ontario.
Been flying the MA2 for a few months trying to learn as much as possible before summer.

For the experienced flyers the ? Is

Android and IOS.
Thanks for any help.

Well, I guess this may be a vague thought as I have never owned/used any Apple products, but have flown as a real pilot since 1956, and for for USAF in a back seater and am on 4th DJI drone, an MA2.
So, personally, putting any variables into your equation of staying in the safety of the air or hitting the ground is something I wouldn't do.
Same as I read a lot here about changing out lots of things, even the OS and then lamenting over loosing the drone. DJI, evidently has some very sharp engineers and design teams. Look at all they have made for us to play with. Changing something might remove the one brick that brings it all down.
Only my opinion...

Reactions: rxlawdude
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada