DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I Ready? Visiting Switzerland and Italy Next Month

JonathanP

Reactions
So, I will be bringing my Mini 3 Pro to Italy and Switzerland next month and I have done the following and am curious if I am within regulations or if there is something else I am missing. So far I have:

1. Received the A1-A3 certificate
2. Registered on D-Flight for Italy (my first country of visit)
3. Purchased an insurance policy
4. I will be printing my UAS operator label and applying it to the drone

So my questions are:

1. Is there anything else I need?
2. What app do you recommend to see restricted airspace? D-Flight only gives me data for Italy but nowhere else in the EU?

Thank you for any help provided!

Reactions: rjwmorrell

Looks like you're covered for flights in EU.

2. What app do you recommend to see restricted airspace? D-Flight only gives me data for Italy but nowhere else in the EU?
Here it becomes tricker unfortunately... EU doesn't have a combined drone map regarding airspace, all countries either have their own or nothing easily accessible at all. Above that it can also be several different maps in a country to give you the full picture of where you can fly... my own country for instance, Sweden. They have one map for the airspace itself then another regarding National parks & protected nature areas where it's always a NFZ.

The closest I can share for different official drone maps over each country in EU is this compilation below...
EUROPEAN DRONE AUTHORITIES AND DRONE NO-FLY ZONES

Looks like you're covered for flights in EU.

Here it becomes tricker unfortunately... EU doesn't have a combined drone map regarding airspace, all countries either have their own or nothing easily accessible at all. Above that it can also be several different maps in a country to give you the full picture of where you can fly... my own country for instance, Sweden. They have one map for the airspace itself then another regarding National parks & protected nature areas where it's always a NFZ.

The closest I can share for different official drone maps over each country in EU is this compilation below...
EUROPEAN DRONE AUTHORITIES AND DRONE NO-FLY ZONES
That's a great resource. Thanks! I found the Swiss no fly zone map earlier this week but I was hoping there was some kind of central website or app, but as you say there is not.

So, I will be bringing my Mini 3 Pro to Italy and Switzerland next month and I have done the following and am curious if I am within regulations or if there is something else I am missing. So far I have:

So my questions are:

May I ask what company you got your drone insurance from?

I'm also headed to the EU soon (in late September, to Malta), also bringing my Mini 3 Pro. I got the training/certificate via Ireland so that should be covered, but Malta requires insurance, and I still need to accomplish that (and interestingly, gaining access to their online airspace map requires providing your insurance)...so I'm looking for an insurance outfit that works but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Got a pointer? Thanks.

Reactions: PixelMagic
May I ask what company you got your drone insurance from?

I'm also headed to the EU soon (in late September, to Malta), also bringing my Mini 3 Pro. I got the training/certificate via Ireland so that should be covered, but Malta requires insurance, and I still need to accomplish that (and interestingly, gaining access to their online airspace map requires providing your insurance)...so I'm looking for an insurance outfit that works but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Got a pointer? Thanks.
Sorry for my slow response. I got mine through Skywatch: SkyWatch | #1 Aviation and Drone Insurance for $55 for a single month and the required $1M coverage.

So my questions are:

Grab the Swiss U-Space (formerly Skyguide) app and create an account. It's breaks down air space restrictions and helps you plan your flight missions while in Switzerland

Reactions: JonathanP

So my questions are:

Hi Jonathan,
how did you get your certificate? website?
D-Flight is in Italian. Is there an English site?
Who did you get your insurance from?
Thanks, Wayne

I will be traveling to Italy in May 2024 from US. I am taking a DJI mini 2 Pro and I am trying to create an account with d-flight, but getting error message (See below). I am a bit concerned about providing both my date of birth and Tax payer ID (SSN). I think insurance is only optional. I am trying to understand the guide, but it's all in italian. Anyone gone through this? d-fligh error (masked).png

Do NOT provide your US social security number. The "TIN" number they are asking for is for EU residents, your US SSN won't work and only exposes you to potential identity theft.

I know nothing about "D-flight" but when European-based systems ask for a taxpayer ID number, it's expecting something issued by an EU member state (which may or may not be why you are getting an error). There is no valid reason to provide a US SSN/TIN to such a system (even if that's what they might ask for).

Try entering space characters and hope for the best, but keep your SSN outta there.

Thanks for the advice. I was going to enter a series of digits that had the same length as a SSN, but something has to be entered.. no matter what I'd, including starting again still gives the same error. Their support does not address the error and only refer me to a guide all written in Italian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne