DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I the only one frustrated with DJI refresh ? Can’t they fix it ?

I’m still waiting. This is so aggravating. Starting to think the refresh program is not worth it. I’m Just receiving lame excuses and DJI, asking me to wait patiently. DJI service is bad.

Reactions: Former Member
I finally got some resolution. I needed to get DJI attention so I left the DJI Orange County store a 1 Star yelp. I sited my situation. I also posted on the DJI forum that I left the negative review. DJI was suddenly responsive to their credit my drone should be here Monday. I’m not sure if I got lucky but maybe by reviewing the DJI store it sends a message. I changed my review of the store to 5 stars once I saw some action on my case. This may or may not work for you , but if more people did that, maybe they will improve the customer service experience.

I finally got some resolution. I needed to get DJI attention so I left the DJI Orange County store a 1 Star yelp. I sited my situation. I also posted on the DJI forum that I left the negative review. DJI was suddenly responsive to their credit my drone should be here Monday. I’m not sure if I got lucky but maybe by reviewing the DJI store it sends a message. I changed my review of the store to 5 stars once I saw some action on my case. This may or may not work for you , but if more people did that, maybe they will improve the customer service experience.
you should have left it at 1 star,they shouldnt have let this happen in the first place

View attachment 42059 View attachment 42058 Let me start off by saying I think the refresh program is an excellent option. It’s affordable, it lets you fly with some reassurances knowing you have room for error. I had a small crash low altitudes crash into a patio cover and damage to my left arm, right arm, props and a ding on the ac body. Pilot error all the way, I own this crash. I contacted DJI immediately, sent in the unit and am now waiting. Up till now everything is great. Good customer service, good response times and a great time on getting a shipping label. Some of the instructions and paper work have some little mistakes and contradictory info on what to send in and what not to send in. It’s confusing and could be streamlined with a check list.

Here is my frustration: As soon as DJI received my damage unit (under a pretty much almost anything goes warranty, as long as the unit is returned). Why don’t they send the replacement unit or parts out immediately ? I live in San Diego CA. Started the case on June 29th, shipped out drone on June 30th.

Why so much time between payment made by PayPal on July 7th, excepted 4 days later July 11th, and I’m still waiting for shipping July 14th.

They can put the best drones in the air but they can’t receive payments and stick a replacement in a box and ship it out on the same day. Or even ship it out 2-3 days later. What’s the problem here.

Anyone use Apple care. ? When my Apple Watch screen was unresponsive, I had a replacement 2 days later, before they even received my old watch. I know I’m comparing apples and oranges but come on, figure it out DJI. Refresh my drone faster. The idea is to keep you in the Air, I though.

Other than that I pretty much love DJI, my MPP and this forum. My life has been enriched by this product. I guess I want it to be the best it can be, especially for a high dollar ticket item. DJI needs to step up its service game. I hope they do because I want them to be as good as Apple. I’m not here for a beating just sharing my frustration, hoping DJI is listing. This has been emailed to DJI also.
I am in the midst of a DJI Care Express return and so far my experience has been mediocre. I did not crash or drown my MP. I went to use it and when I turned it on I started getting error messages that the motor was overloaded and that the gimbal clamps were still locked (which they were not). The gimbal was flipping around like a fish out of water. After numerous times at resetting IMU, Compass, etc. plus reinstalling and rolling back firmware I contacted DJI and sent them a link to a YouTube video I made that showed all the problems. It took a week for them to understand what was going on and to set up a case. But I live in Mexico and only return to the US every few months. Luckily, I was going back to the US the next week but I won't be back again until November. I asked the Customer Care people how much shipping would be to send the repaired / replaced drone back to Cancun. They told me they could not give me an answer until they had repaired / replaced the drone and were ready to ship. That made ZERO sense so I went to FedEx and calculated that an 8 pound package should cost about $100 to get sent from California to Mexico. To get my drone in August verses November I would pay the $100. But Mexico has 16% import duties based upon the declared value of the shipment. If they declare the drone to be worth $800 on the shipping manifest then I will owe $128 in import duties. If they declare the drone to be worth $300 then I will only owe $48. So I asked, several times, "What is the declared value you put on the FedEx or DHL or UPS shipping manifest." I was repeatedly told they DJI does not put a declared value on the package and it is up to the recipient to declare the value. That is total BS. Anyone who has ever shipped anything from the US to any other country--even documents--knows that you MUST declare the contents of the shipment and the value. I finally gave up and told DJI to ship the repaired / replaced unit to a friend in Louisiana who will hold it for me until I get back to the US or I find someone else coming down to Cancun. Their (DJI's) customer care is not overly user friendly. They should be getting my unit on Tuesday and I will be interested to see how long it takes to get the unit shipped out from them. I really wish they would allow "cross shipping" with a credit card guarantee. Many other companies do that. They send me a replacement while I send back my broken unit. If they don't get my broken unit within 30 days they charge me full price for the replacement unit. Had DJI done that, they could have shipped me a refurbished unit and I would have sent back my unit all in the same trip and now I would have my drone.

After reading alot of posts from upset customers, I'm glad I didn't waste money on DJI's "care refresh"

After reading alot of posts from upset customers, I'm glad I didn't waste money on DJI's "care refresh"

Most will still think that DJI Refresh is well worth the cost. Even with bad service and long wait times for some it still beats being out over $1000 or hundreds for repair. Plus remember that there have also been posts from people who had a very positive experience with DJI Refresh.

I do get the feeling DJI is trying to improve its customer service, although they move really slow. I highly recommend commenting on the DJI forum. They are responsive and they get back to you quickly.

My experience with DJI Refresh wasn't as bad. I guess I used the Express option; got my shipping label instantly and shipped it the same day I placed the claim (June 20th). They "received" it June 26th (it actually arrived at the repair center on June 22nd). They shipped out my new drone June 27th and it was at my house on June 29th (My wife not answering the door and my having to wait until July 2nd isn't DJI's fault.) My biggest complaint is that I had to spend $89 and use one of my two replacement options for a problem that is 99% DJI's fault. The crash and broken gimbal were the result of the response lag from the app update in June.

I am in the midst of a DJI Care Express return and so far my experience has been mediocre. I did not crash or drown my MP. I went to use it and when I turned it on I started getting error messages that the motor was overloaded and that the gimbal clamps were still locked (which they were not). The gimbal was flipping around like a fish out of water. After numerous times at resetting IMU, Compass, etc. plus reinstalling and rolling back firmware I contacted DJI and sent them a link to a YouTube video I made that showed all the problems. It took a week for them to understand what was going on and to set up a case. But I live in Mexico and only return to the US every few months. Luckily, I was going back to the US the next week but I won't be back again until November. I asked the Customer Care people how much shipping would be to send the repaired / replaced drone back to Cancun. They told me they could not give me an answer until they had repaired / replaced the drone and were ready to ship. That made ZERO sense so I went to FedEx and calculated that an 8 pound package should cost about $100 to get sent from California to Mexico. To get my drone in August verses November I would pay the $100. But Mexico has 16% import duties based upon the declared value of the shipment. If they declare the drone to be worth $800 on the shipping manifest then I will owe $128 in import duties. If they declare the drone to be worth $300 then I will only owe $48. So I asked, several times, "What is the declared value you put on the FedEx or DHL or UPS shipping manifest." I was repeatedly told they DJI does not put a declared value on the package and it is up to the recipient to declare the value. That is total BS. Anyone who has ever shipped anything from the US to any other country--even documents--knows that you MUST declare the contents of the shipment and the value. I finally gave up and told DJI to ship the repaired / replaced unit to a friend in Louisiana who will hold it for me until I get back to the US or I find someone else coming down to Cancun. Their (DJI's) customer care is not overly user friendly. They should be getting my unit on Tuesday and I will be interested to see how long it takes to get the unit shipped out from them. I really wish they would allow "cross shipping" with a credit card guarantee. Many other companies do that. They send me a replacement while I send back my broken unit. If they don't get my broken unit within 30 days they charge me full price for the replacement unit. Had DJI done that, they could have shipped me a refurbished unit and I would have sent back my unit all in the same trip and now I would have my drone.

Post this thread on the DJI forum, you might get a better response from DJI. It worked for me. What part of Mexico are you in ?

I am in Cancun. I got word from DJI that my MP needs to have the Gimbal Vibration Damping Module and the Gimbal Arm Module replace. Parts were $2 for the Module, $59 for the Arm and $65 for labor for a total of $79. Yes, that is what the invoice says. I can't figure the math out but I paid the $79 and am awaiting shipping information. I hope I get my original unit back because I had a set of decals on it that I liked very much. Should know more in a few days. I do have to say that once DJI got my drone their response has been rather fast.

I didn't realize there was an Express option. My MP crashed on July 9th and I still dont have it back yet...

I used the Express option and glad I did... my replacement shipped before receiving the repair quote.

Only issue I have now is they want me to pay the difference in the $69 I paid and the repair quote. They told me pilot error is not covered in the refresh program even though it says it is on their website. I told them I already had the replacement and if I that was the case why did they send a replacement. I even started in the claim (before receiving the return label) it was pilot error. Talked to a guy last week after getting another emailed bill and he said just ignore and not pay. Wonder how many people just pay it. Seems shady to me

They charged me $2 for a new Gimbal Vibration Damping Module and $59 for a Gimbal Arm Module and $65/hour for repair service. When you add all that together you get....$79! Go figure. (See attached screenshot file.) The invoice came with this message: "Dear customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received." This didn't make any sense either.

But they are a bunch of mental midgets working at DJI. If you send them an email with three questions (Do you have my drone, has it been looked at yet and if not, when will it be looked at?) you will only get a response to one of the questions. They can only seem to answer one question per email--as if they are tweets or twits or whatever. Yesterday I got an email that they had received my payment for the repairs but they won't do the repairs until three days after the payment and then the testing will take another 2-3 days and then they will ship. Today I got an email that my drone was shipped. Their email system is deplorable. I don't think their tech people know how to use email.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 7.36.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 7.36.16 PM.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 8

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661