DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I the only one who does this?

Art Cox

Reactions
Hey All,
Am I the only one who calibrates everything after a firmware upgrade, or is this really necessary?

Art

I don't think it can hurt, presuming all the calibrations complete properly, but I don't think it's necessary unless you get a message asking for it, or in the case of the compass, where you move tens of miles away from last take-off point.
What IS necessary is going back through all the FLY settings to make sure they haven't been reset to defaults, which they often have !

I always go on the assumption that a firmware update to anything will clear or (worse) corrupt saved settings.

Reactions: Intrceptor
I have never calibrated anything on my Air 3 despite doing about four firmware updates since purchase. The only calibration I do is the occasional RC2 compass calibration when it asks for it.

I just calibrate when it prompts to do so, usually just the compass.
Recalibrating the compass is almost never required, even when the app prompts you to.
Prompts from the app are almost always caused by the drone's proximity to a source of magnetic interference.
Recalibrating won't solve that issue.
The correct action is to switch off, move away from the magnetic interference and start again.

Recalibrating the compass is almost never required, even when the app prompts you to.
Prompts from the app are almost always caused by the drone's proximity to a source of magnetic interference.
Recalibrating won't solve that issue.
The correct action is to switch off, move away from the magnetic interference and start again.
Wow, i could have saved myself from doing the calibration dance many times if I had only known that sooner! I always wonder what onlookers are thinking as I’m going around in a circle. Looks like some sort of superstitious routine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marius Papadopol