DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazed at M2P stability

The gimbals on these things are amazing.
I wonder what the effect would be with sensor stabilization working with the gimbal like Olympus,Sony and other brands have.Olympus has some lenses that work together with the body stabilization to achieve 7.5 stops over the 1/focal length formula.

Firstly, they are both excellent shots. I would imagine that you used an extremely high neutral density filter such as ND1000??? Or did you use a filter at all. I have been doing slow water images for years with a tripod and a BIG stopper Lee filter for my DSLR (10 stops).

About a year or so ago I ran a long running discussion here on the Forum about my wobbly Mavic 2 Pro being unable to record a stabile hyperlapse to record a sunset or sunrise.(2 second intervals).

Lots of discussion but no solution. I even would up sending the drone in for a check on the gimbal, using one of my two Refresh opportunities. The same thing (wobbly) occurred with the new drone. So I am unimpressed with my Mavic 2 Pro's stability.

These are from the Reynisdrangar Sea Stacks in Iceland done with Lee Filter Big Stopper (10N).

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• ReynisdrangarSeaStacks_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • ReynisdrangarSeatStacks_3.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 17
  • ReynisdrangerSeaStacks-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thanks and yours are striking.That's too bad about yours.I take several shots separately.One is usually better.

These are great! I have one long exposure photo I took of a waterfall. I was also impressed by how stable the drone was and the quality of my photo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial