DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazing Self Recovery from Crash

Impressive indeed ! And that's also why i don't enable the backward follow up when in tracking mode, so the Mavic never start to fly backward by itself since it dosn't have any back obstacle avoidance.

I was recently flying over the Murray River in Australia at the very top and hit a branch and it did a 360 righted itself hit another trying to get out and another 360 then a third and it still righted itself, it did end up with 3?blades damaged one cracked nearly the full width but was able to get it back!! I am now Avery very nervous pilot - I was just getting more adventurous too!!!

Reactions: Pietros
All pilot error. I was filming my dad testing an outboard, had active track on and used the rotation setting. River was wide, but didn’t expect him to turn so soon causing my Mavic Pro to adjust out and into trees.

Collision avoidance with the front sensors and cameras doesn't work when the bird is flying backward. I found that out the hard way, which is why I now have TWO Mavic Pros!

wow. Nice recover. I was landing in the past and the Mavic Pro caught a branch. It hung off the branch by one propeller arm, and I was about 5ft below it. Instead of shutting it down and getting my pool net, I tried to break it free on several attempts.

When it did break free, it fell on the moist dirt below and broke the gimbal. My wife saw the whole episode that occurred in about 30 seconds or less.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag