DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazing Self Recovery from Crash

Hi. Then yo do nothing. All the recovery was the Mavic by itself. It recover and slowly get out of the branches? Very lucky day.

Yeah I thought there would be a power surge error and it would shut off. Guess it just weed whacked the branch.

All pilot error. I was filming my dad testing an outboard, had active track on and used the rotation setting. River was wide, but didn’t expect him to turn so soon causing my Mavic Pro to adjust out and into trees.

Hot ride!
Look at 1:36. Mine recovered from a water splash

Last edited:
All pilot error. I was filming my dad testing an outboard, had active track on and used the rotation setting. River was wide, but didn’t expect him to turn so soon causing my Mavic Pro to adjust out and into trees.

A very fine line between lucky and extremely talented

Reactions: ccoltmanm
Cool vid! Glad you got lucky on this one. A good reason to get proficient at flying and guiding the front yourself while tracking.
One thing that surprise me is that even after whacking those leaves and stuff, the wasn't any noticable vibration in the footage. Did the props suffer any damage? Amazing.

Hi. Then yo do nothing. All the recovery was the Mavic by itself. It recover and slowly get out of the branches? Very lucky day.
Thats why I love the MP!! That right there was a video that should have ended in a drones demise especially from that low height yet the bird didn't fail. Good for you Im very impressed and happy for you.

Definite points for recovery...but Lady Luck was definitely on your side. I assume a good lesson was learned.

Lucky! You should keep an eye on your drone and finger on pause button in case if it goes too near objects.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54