DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon / Asurion Protection Plan for DJI Batteries

pelagic_one

Wind-Blown Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings to the forum, and warmest wishes to those in need at this time. I’m guessing drones are the least of your concern today...

So I’m about to order a spare MA2 battery from Amazon, and a pop up box offers the Asurion 3 year protection plan. Will this plan provide a new or refurbished replacement battery if, on the last month of coverage, I filed a claim for a defective battery?

Asurion once honored similar coverage for a Bose headset of mine, that developed a sound quality issue near end-of-term. They sent me a refurbished unit with new warranty. So I’m wondering if this will be a similar situation, should the need arise over the next few years.

53770292-1B6E-496E-A40C-5842969EEFC8.jpeg

Is this not an instance where you need to ask them?
That said, why would there be a reduction in cover towards the end of the policy.
Mind you, for $11 I would probably go for it or at least go through the small print.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Is this not an instance where you need to ask them?
‘Appreciate the response... I could always ask Asurion, but without opening an actual claim, I think they’d just confirm the fine print I’m already reading.

My intent is to determine just how great the $11 deal may be. If a claim is honored anytime during the coverage period, knowing how these batteries can go awry depending on usage and maintenance, this could be a great deal. I merely wanted to share, if so.

I’ll rephrase by asking has anyone here filed a claim with Asurion for DJI batteries? If so, did you receive a replacement product?

If not, I‘ll revive and update this thread in a few years.

Last edited:
‘Appreciate the response... I could always ask Asurion, but without opening an actual claim, I think they’d just confirm the fine print I’m already reading.

My intent is to determine just how great the $11 deal may be. If a claim is honored anytime during the coverage period, knowing how these batteries can go awry depending on usage and maintenance, this could be a great deal. I merely wanted to share, if so.

I’ll rephrase by asking has anyone here filed a claim with Asurion for DJI batteries? If so, did you receive a replacement product?

If not, I‘ll revive and update this thread in a few years.
As their warranty states, They start the clock on date of purchase, but won't cover anything till after 6 months (DJI Warranty) just stating that as what you wrote (Highlighted above) But I have never used them or their warranty.

Reactions: pelagic_one
So for a the price of a pack of cigarettes, you would not want to cover a $200 battery when that is a common problem with crashes and or swelling that could cost you the $200. For many things I do not waste money on warranties. But for something like a drone battery, I think the cost is minimal. Even if it only covered the first 35 months of the 36 when that is most likely when you will have a problem. JMHO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard