DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon drone protection plan

float

Reactions
I read somewhere it is wise to buy the protection or assurance plan from Amazon to protect your drone. Will this replace my drone if I crash it? I am new to the sport and would invest in some insurance plan if not to pricey. Any feedback welcome. I could not find anyway to find out about this insurance plan.

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Can’t go past care refresh if your looking for insurance
Regards

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate the time you have taken to try and help me. I am looking forward to getting into the drone sport. I bought an inexpensive ascend drone from Costco for $50 and I got hooked. Good luck folks.

Thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate the time you have taken to try and help me. I am looking forward to getting into the drone sport. I bought an inexpensive ascend drone from Costco for $50 and I got hooked. Good luck folks.
If you can fly a $50 drone without crashing it you will love a drone with GPS+obstacle sensors.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Check out State Farm. Most "replacement coverage" by Amazon and others may be higher priced and less coverage than the SF package. SF is about $65-$75 a year and covers A-Z, including theft. That will not be covered in Refresh or probably any other "replacement coverage" policy. If you have a local SF person - should something happen - they are right there, no need for phone calls, emails, and dealing with a customer support who may be less than active in helping. Refresh by DJI is fairly limited as well, so you have to COMPARE apples to apple with any outside coverage for what gives best coverage.

If you get a drone from Costco - anything outside of losing it - you can typically take it back for refund / replacement in under a year (sometimes longer) with usually no questions asked. I prefer dealing with local people / businesses with my not great DJI story in customer support.

Reactions: Droniac
Check out State Farm. Most "replacement coverage" by Amazon and others may be higher priced and less coverage than the SF package. SF is about $65-$75 a year and covers A-Z, including theft. That will not be covered in Refresh or probably any other "replacement coverage" policy. If you have a local SF person - should something happen - they are right there, no need for phone calls, emails, and dealing with a customer support who may be less than active in helping. Refresh by DJI is fairly limited as well, so you have to COMPARE apples to apple with any outside coverage for what gives best coverage.

If you get a drone from Costco - anything outside of losing it - you can typically take it back for refund / replacement in under a year (sometimes longer) with usually no questions asked. I prefer dealing with local people / businesses with my not great DJI story in customer support.
I have my M2P and my Mini 2 both on State Farm and the annual total premium is $60. I also carry Care/Refresh for things that I wouldn't want to claim with SF as I regard State Farm's policy would be used solely form catastrophic loss of my M2P as I hear that they can cancel the entire policy after one claim. Also State Farm not only covers the drone, but everything in the fly more combo should theft occur. As I understand it, Care/Refresh only covers the drone and I would assume possibly the controller, but not the extras that can add up, especially if you have multiple batteries.

Reactions: Droniac
I have my M2P and my Mini 2 both on State Farm and the annual total premium is $60. I also carry Care/Refresh for things that I wouldn't want to claim with SF as I regard State Farm's policy would be used solely form catastrophic loss of my M2P as I hear that they can cancel the entire policy after one claim. Also State Farm not only covers the drone, but everything in the fly more combo should theft occur. As I understand it, Care/Refresh only covers the drone and I would assume possibly the controller, but not the extras that can add up, especially if you have multiple batteries.
I made a claim with State Farm a month ago for drone,2 strobes and ND filter total loss at sea.The agent listed my replacement drone on the policy.No cancellation so far.I list everything drone related so as you say fire+theft are covered for everything with no deductible.Paid in about 10 days from claim.

as I hear that they can cancel the entire policy after one claim.

Usually once a claim is made, that’s it the policy has been fulfilled and is complete.
Just like a motor vehicle total loss.
For partial claims, it may continue, but it’d be clear in the PDS, or should be.
That’s for an item specific policy, but then reading @offtheback post above ?
They may have more than one aircraft registered on the policy ?

Reactions: tlswift58
Refresh may be on the RC, but I've not seen many if any posts on the RC going bad. Should the drone crash or be lost - DJI only replaces the drone.

I'd not carry both and SF may or may not cancel. Have a buddy who has it and claimed a couple of drones and did not cancel.

The cost of Refresh+ for the M3 is crazy high, so no way to carry it and SF for that drone.

I had Refresh on my Mini and they did not cover my crash - my error. I paid $300 for a new Mini and extra for the battery that was on the drone at crash. Had Refresh on my Air2, but let it lapse after a year. Will go with SF or some other insurance co for coverage. I checked with USAA, my home / car insurance and they don't cover drones at all.

Usually once a claim is made, that’s it the policy has been fulfilled and is complete.
Just like a motor vehicle total loss.
For partial claims, it may continue, but it’d be clear in the PDS, or should be.
That’s for an item specific policy, but then reading @offtheback post above ?
They may have more than one aircraft registered on the policy ?
Most insurance co's in the USA won't / don't cancel if you've been a good driver. Not to say they won't, as some are simply in it for the $$$$$. With the US being mostly "No Fault" on car insurance - even if it's not your fault - they will typically raise your rates; then go get their money from the other persons insurance IF they were insured - which is a big thing in the US not being insured.

If the SF is no deductible, that is the way to go; as most homeowners insurance has high deductibles and not worth filing for if so.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Most insurance co's in the USA won't / don't cancel if you've been a good driver.
Ah, I’m referring strictly to total loss type policies, like a written off vehicle or drone lost at sea / unviable crash repair.
The policy is with / on the vehicle / drone.
Pay out, contract fulfilled / completed as agreed.
Yes if you have a motor vehicle accident and make a claim for repair, the vehicle is back in operation afterwards and the policy continues.

Refresh may be on the RC, but I've not seen many if any posts on the RC going bad. Should the drone crash or be lost - DJI only replaces the drone.

I'd not carry both and SF may or may not cancel. Have a buddy who has it and claimed a couple of drones and did not cancel.

The cost of Refresh+ for the M3 is crazy high, so no way to carry it and SF for that drone.

I had Refresh on my Mini and they did not cover my crash - my error. I paid $300 for a new Mini and extra for the battery that was on the drone at crash. Had Refresh on my Air2, but let it lapse after a year. Will go with SF or some other insurance co for coverage. I checked with USAA, my home / car insurance and they don't cover drones at all.
I agree and might consider only carrying coverage with State Farm... However it is important to note that they only cover loss for recreational use. Commercial use would require a different policy, possibly from a different underwriter. With a $5k claim, I would guess that State Farm would investigate the incident where a $1500 claim might get far less scrutiny.

Is the SF policy a stand-alone, or part of another policy?
I have it as a stand alone policy.I have no other policies with them.Sounds crazy that they would insure up to $6000 for $65-75 when a drone is involved.That's about the same rate I pay for all ground camera insurance.State Farm writes in all but a few states.Some have said that a claim may affect your homeowners insurance even though it's not from State Farm.

If you can fly a $50 drone without crashing it you will love a drone with GPS+obstacle sensors.
My wife and I were in Costco IMG_8216.JPGrecently and I saw the $49 drone as well. I had to have it just to see what $49 gets somebody. I have experience with the Mini 2, Mini SE, M2 Zoom, Mavic 3, DJI FPV, and the Skydio 2. It took exactly two minutes to lose the ***-end drone.

• Sad
Reactions: offtheback
My wife and I were in Costco View attachment 139148recently and I saw the $49 drone as well. I had to have it just to see what $49 gets somebody. I have experience with the Mini 2, Mini SE, M2 Zoom, Mavic 3, DJI FPV, and the Skydio 2. It took exactly two minutes to lose the ***-end drone.
I got a glimpse of operating my M2P with downward sensor disabled(don't remember how)and I was used to the drone landing gently with down stick applied.Without the downward sensor(and my lack of skill) it landed rather hard.We're spoiled!

• Haha
Reactions: TonyPHX
I got a glimpse of operating my M2P with downward sensor disabled(don't remember how)and I was used to the drone landing gently with down stick applied.Without the downward sensor(and my lack of skill) it landed rather hard.We're spoiled!
Lol! Heck yes we are spoiled! I LOVE automation! : )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness