DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An ancient land, M2P over Central Australia in HLG

Thanks, yes I am slowly learning to tweak it, I just wish you could set your zebra percentages on the M2P like a normal camera, instead of just having one clunky button for "overexposure".

Gr

Great video. What ND filters were you shooting with and why?
Thanks Walt, using Polar Pro as I always have, all NDs here not PLs although the latter have their place occasionally. Main reason is to keep shutter to 1/50th (I presume 1/60th in your case) and to limit highlights a bit, I also like to keep the aperture near f4 although some of these were up to f5.6. I have other videos using polar pros on the Mavic 1 if you just search my name and vimeo.

Thanks Maveric, I'm sure you will.

What video editing software do you use? I have what is supposed to be a great software suite but too many problems is forcing me to look for another video editing software.

Reactions: christangey
I use Final Cut Pro X. It is not the best by any means, good enough in terms of basic color grading though, and remember that 99% of editing is just cutting or dissolving anyway, so for most people the so-called need for sophisticated functions is rubbish anyway.

I use Final Cut Pro X. It is not the best by any means, good enough in terms of basic color grading though, and remember that 99% of editing is just cutting or dissolving anyway, so for most people the so-called need for sophisticated functions is rubbish anyway.

Thanks Chris. I just looked into it and found that Final Cut is an Apple Product and it's not available for PC. And I'm a PC user. I currently have Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate and it sucks. It is very unstable. I'm still searching....

Thanks Chris. I just looked into it and found that Final Cut is an Apple Product and it's not available for PC. And I'm a PC user. I currently have Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate and it sucks. It is very unstable. I'm still searching....

I used to use Pinnacle as well. I always had the same stability problems you mentioned. I've switched to DaVinci Resolve lately. Might be worth a try. It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, so it should work with your current PC.

And Chris, amazing video! Breathtaking scenery, colors and editing.

I think one of the keys to getting it right in the M2 Pro is to tweak it was well as you can "in-camera" instead of relying on doing too much in post. I've done a lot of testing since I shot what is in the above video and now think I'm going to stick with this set-up. This shot is a still frame from last evening that has NO correction at all, for color, exposure, horizon ...nothing. This is literally 5 minutes from sunset so there is a lot going on, but I am really happy the way it handles shadows and the nuances of color. The blue at the top of the sky and the various violets and mauves on the horizon are exactly as we see it here in Central Australia at this time of day. Getting there I hope! mavic2 (2).jpg

I used to use Pinnacle as well. I always had the same stability problems you mentioned. I've switched to DaVinci Resolve lately. Might be worth a try. It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, so it should work with your current PC.

And Chris, amazing video! Breathtaking scenery, colors and editing.
I to am enjoying using DR. just started with 16. After a few months I am still finding new things to do with it.

And yes, great video. The sharpness takes my breath away. What a great country we have.

Actually, I must admit Bushie that I have slightly sharpened these images in post. But since I have adjusted the setting in the aircraft they are now easily as sharp as what you see in the video above.

So cinematic! That HLG format allows such vivid and crisp color reproduction. Thumbswayup
Thanks BD0G, I think I am getting close to settings that will work in most situations now (not quite the ones in the posted video) so will post something else down the line

Nice imagery sir, a tip for the future is to normalize audio
Nubbix, I'm still confused by what you mean "a tip for the future is to normalize audio" Please explain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_