DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An attempt to make the mundane interesting

Boxer1200

Reactions
Where I live there’s no majestic mountains, deep canyons, interesting architecture etc. Great bbq and Mexican food, but not much drone worthy. With that, someone advised I try to take the mundane and make it interesting. So, I drove down the street to a park and this is my minute and a half attempt. Still mundane, but it’s fun making these.

Last edited:
Where I live, there’s no majestic mountains, deep canyons, interesting architecture etc. Great bbq and Mexican food, but not much drone worthy.
I've also hit this "block" recently.

Florida has no elevation... I live near the beach, but NSB has a city ordinance in place (I believe) that does not allow for buildings over ten stories tall.

I have focused more on weather phenomenon and action shots like following cars on a road full of trees, chasing boats, and reveals of the landscape by flying low behind trees, with camera pointed up, then adding vertical thrust as I come close, while panning the camera down.

Good work! Thanks.

Nice..Beautiful rendition of a place that I'm sure makes a lot of people very happy

Where I live there’s no majestic mountains, deep canyons, interesting architecture etc. Great bbq and Mexican food, but not much drone worthy. With that, someone advised I try to take the mundane and make it interesting.
Mundane?

I believe all towns have some character and a story to tell. I agree that huge valleys, cliffs, old lighthouses, etc, are great to film, but they’re not required to make a great film.

A good example of what I am talking about this film (below), which was posted here last week.

Give it a try. Think about the story you want to tell, film in magic hour, use cinematic filming techniques (pan up/down reveals, Birdseye, speed ramping, etc), be ruthless in editing, color grade and cut on the beat of the music. I think you’ll be surprised with the results.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Rivers, waterfalls, interesting bridges and cows. He had cows. Awesome video.

Joking aside, it’s definitely a cool task to try and create a story of the footage. Suburban USA is very vanilla for lack of a better term. I think for my next thing, I want to find a small town within a couple hundred miles and shoot there. Some of these smaller towns around me have a great deal of character that I think I can capture.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I certainly wouldn't call it mundane. I enjoyed watching it, the light, colour and patterns of the playing fields made for interesting viewing. Well done!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23