DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video of my town in Scotland during the lockdown.

Really enjoyed that, one of the few I have watched to the end, plenty of great shots well put together and none of these interminable 3 minute shots of one hill.
Well done sir![emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Hauptmann and sch
Well done! Real story telling. And props to you for mixing it up with land, driving footage etc.
My little town has its charm, but it doesn’t reach back through centuries.
Are you a pro?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Very nice footage and timings! Love it!

The drone footage is a mix of phantom 3 4k and mavic air 2.

I enjoyed your video, especially what you showed and how you put it together. It held my interest and I watched it to the end. I did find some of the abrupt speed-ups, and transitions a bit jarring, however. Other than that, as I said, most enjoyable.

Well done! Real story telling. And props to you for mixing it up with land, driving footage etc.
My little town has its charm, but it doesn’t reach back through centuries.
Are you a pro?
Thanks, I'm lucky to live in such a lovely little village.

I suppose I am a pro, I'm a wedding photographer and filmmaker. I've had a drone for a few years and only just since lockdown started actually properly getting out with it and improving my skill level. I've basically been trying to use my vast amounts of free time to film different stuff for a change and try out different techniques.

Loved it. Must have taken some time to piece together? My only question is how could you get all of that footage without it pissing down rain ?
Thanks, yeah it took a wee bit of time to edit together and a good few trips out to get the shots I was after.

Ha! That must've been the only dry morning we had here in Scotland - It was a glorious summer that day :)

I enjoyed your video, especially what you showed and how you put it together. It held my interest and I watched it to the end. I did find some of the abrupt speed-ups, and transitions a bit jarring, however. Other than that, as I said, most enjoyable.
Thanks for your feedback, to be honest having watched it back rather a few times now I'm inclined to agree that I would've handled some of the speed ramps a little differently. I'm still a big fan as they allow the video to showcase a longer take but perhaps a little more nuance is required in future :)

The drone footage is a mix of phantom 3 4k and mavic air 2.

Great video...enjoyed all of it! Looks like a very quaint area to live. I love all of the old buildings and history and the remainder of the old castle.

Beautiful video, Eewan!
:)
If the Fergus Ewing hasn't contacted you for work to promote more of Scotland I think he should because I really want to come and visit now.
And yes, i had to look up who the minister for tourism was in Scotland. Turns out he is the Cabinet Secretary.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan