DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video of my town in Scotland during the lockdown.

Beautiful video, Eewan!
:)
If the Fergus Ewing hasn't contacted you for work to promote more of Scotland I think he should because I really want to come and visit now.
And yes, i had to look up who the minister for tourism was in Scotland. Turns out he is the Cabinet Secretary.
Thanks, I'm still waiting to hear from Fergus - any day now :p

I had to google him too :)

Reactions: Hauptmann
My little town has its charm, but it doesn’t reach back through centuries.

When we were traveling through Scotland, it was mind-boggling to realize just how far back some things go.

We got married in St. Margaret's Chapel, Edinburgh Castle.

It was built somewhere between 1124–1153.

Reactions: Hauptmann and Eewan
Great wee film Eewan! Saw parts of Strathaven I didn't know existed, didn't see the golf course though, or did I miss it? - I'm a member there :)

Wonderful video! Just wish you'd panned a bit slower in your first pass thru the town. I like to read the shop names :). Great mix of shots--the bee, the leaves, the hyperlink driving scene. Music was spot on. What was it?

Wonderful video! Just wish you'd panned a bit slower in your first pass thru the town. I like to read the shop names :). Great mix of shots--the bee, the leaves, the hyperlink driving scene. Music was spot on. What was it?
Thanks very much Hauptmann. Sorry about the shop names, it was actually one of the driving shots which is why the pan was probably a little quicker than idea; :)

The music was, 'Pass me by' by Alsever Lake.

Excellent video! One of the best I’ve seen on here.

Can I ask which of your two drones you used to film the final two clips (at 3:31 at 3:37)? My MA2 really struggles in low light situations like those and I’m wondering if it’s simply user error (aka me).

Really nice .
I know Strathaven very well .
I lived close by in Newmilns for many years before coming to Canada .
Some of the best fish+chips and a couple of old specked hens !! .
Thanks for a stunning video .

The montage is beautiful. As for the theme the video is nice but somehow I expected more loneliness ;) but well that's me, the world didn't disappear during lockdown.

Excellent video! One of the best I’ve seen on here.

Can I ask which of your two drones you used to film the final two clips (at 3:31 at 3:37)? My MA2 really struggles in low light situations like those and I’m wondering if it’s simply user error (aka me).
Thanks very much. The final clips you're talking about were filmed on my MA2. I've found it to be not too bad in low light. It's obviously never going to match up to something with a larger sensor but I find it decent.

Really nice .
I know Strathaven very well .
I lived close by in Newmilns for many years before coming to Canada .
Some of the best fish+chips and a couple of old specked hens !! .
Thanks for a stunning video .
Ah, you were just down the road! Glad to be able to show you a little bit of home :)

Reactions: Lionfish
The montage is beautiful. As for the theme the video is nice but somehow I expected more loneliness ;) but well that's me, the world didn't disappear during lockdown.
Thanks. The countryside around here actually got a little busier, everyone had loads of time to get out and enjoy the scenery :)

Reactions: m80116 and Lionfish
Thanks very much. The final clips you're talking about were filmed on my MA2. I've found it to be not too bad in low light. It's obviously never going to match up to something with a larger sensor but I find it decent.
Can you please tell me what settings you were using? HDR or DCinelike? EV 0? Auto white balance and ISO? Etc. I’d like to try and figure out what I’m doing wrong. Thanks

Can you please tell me what settings you were using? HDR or DCinelike? EV 0? Auto white balance and ISO? Etc. I’d like to try and figure out what I’m doing wrong. Thanks
Hey Terry, here yo go -
DCinelike
H.264
MP4
WB - 5800K
50fps
EV -I can't honestly remember the exact settings but typically I'll shoot the following - 0.3 to - 0.7
Exposure and ISO were just left in Auto but with EV lock enabled. I usually trust the camera to select the best ISO for the scene.

In reality, my ungraded footage looks a little noisy too but my edit crushes the blacks a bit to put the noise back in its place.
Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 13.43.34.png

Last edited:
Hey Terry, here yo go -
DCinelike
H.264
MP4
WB - 5800K
50fps
EV -I can't honestly remember the exact settings but typically I'll shoot the following - 0.3 to - 0.7
Exposure and ISO were just left in Auto but with EV lock enabled. I usually trust the camera to select the best ISO for the scene.

In reality, my ungraded footage looks a little noisy too but my edit crushes the blacks a bit to put the noise back in its place.
View attachment 109412
Thanks!

Can you please double-check your white balance? I’ve read that 5800 is for full daylight, whereas 2000-3000 is for sunrise/sunset. That said, maybe I am suppose to increase my white balance to “full sun“ when shooting directly into the sun at sunset?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds