DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s an ongoing project to collect time lapse cloud pics

PLEASE- tell me your exact settings. These videos are great. I have been striving for stable videos on timelapse for several years. I shoot in Photo Mode, timed shots, using interval of 2 or 5 seconds and save to RAW using Mavic 2 Pro. I'd really appreciate a step by step on the method you used. Were they shot in video or photo mode.

Dale

Reactions: bstanga
I've been setting my Pocket up on my back fence and getting some spectacular time lapse low cloud shots. Any low clouds will do, they still look like convective activity in time lapse. I generally set it for one hour but I do have to keep a close look out for rain. They appear much like the one's I get from my drone as I have an unrestricted view but much longer, closer and easier.

Thanks for sharing!

I've been setting my Pocket up on my back fence and getting some spectacular time lapse low cloud shots. Any low clouds will do, they still look like convective activity in time lapse. I generally set it for one hour but I do have to keep a close look out for rain. They appear much like the one's I get from my drone as I have an unrestricted view but much longer, closer and easier.
Of course your pocket and the iPhone timelapse in the iPhone are good for timelapses but not the quality achievable when doing REAL timelapse with RAW images where you have exquisit control over the RAW files in LRTimelapse.

I am using the Pocket (1) and the iPhone in a Ulanzi bracket to connect the iPhone to the Pocket, or I am using the OM4 with the iPhone, both for timelapse. I mount the Ulanzi or the OM4 on a tripod for better visualization rather than squat down to try to do it from a mini tripod like the Manfrotto. The Ulanzi is no longer in their catalogue But I have found three replacements as shown in this Amazon screen grab. The mount holds both the pocket and the iPhone. I put this on a tripod and let it run, while I am doing other things like flying the drone or another timelapse. Now I don't have to depend on the small Pocket screen to compose and to monitor any shoot. Of these three I'd probably buy the Smatree or PGY Tech.

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 4.53.45 PM.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming