DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anatomy Of A Drone Crash

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Si_Co
Great shots there, lucky the drone wasn't damaged beyond repair. I'm so scared about crashing my drone, being a newbie I'm taking things slowly with learning everything before I push the limits and go higher and further. I'm paranoid about something horrible happening to it (it's almost like a pet to me)!! Silly I know, and I know I will have some mishaps, it's to be expected, but I really hate the thought of anything happening! :confused:

If it only stopped a foot before the chimney. I love the 1st 30 feet or so from the front of the house. It was perfect....

Reactions: Wendy205 and Si_Co
silverdragon, that footage was taken from this video. I think it’s one the better pieces I’ve put up:
Your absolutely correct, sweet and smooth. The video had my head swaying.... that's when you know you got something...

Reactions: Wendy205 and Si_Co
I'm really quite impressed (and envious, I have yet to venture up that high)! Just curious, in the first footage I wondered where you were controlling the drone from, in relation to its position. I'm guessing you had a good look around first, (except for the chimney episode :confused:),to work out where you will fly from and to, is that right? And were you able to see your drone for the duration of the time it was up or were you going only by what you could see on your phone/controller? I am still getting the feel for my drone and at this stage I'm reluctant to lose visual sight of it at any time. Hence my envy! :p
I think some of the old towns around are great backdrops for footage like that and I'm keen to get out more and try some stuff like that (I'm in Perth). But I need to get more confidence with the drone and learn to trust myself, which is why I'm taking the time to just get the feel for it before embarking on the artistic side of filming etc. But I'm super keen!!
Thanks for sharing the footage...………. and the crash.

Wendy205, thanks for the comments. It really is just a matter of practice, practice and more practice, and getting confident with the drone and your ability to fly it. I really like backwards reveal type shots, and flying low over water, and flying through/close to things (too close this time obviously). I’m normally standing directly behind the drone, pulling it towards me, so that I can see where it’s going and making sure it’s going to miss things. Before doing so I check out the area behind me so that I can continue to shot once it’s passed over my position, as in the Mintaro video (I was hiding behind the big bush behind the playground equipment). Unfortunately I came unstuck with the chimney, because I couldn’t see it from where I was standing, under the verandah. Have a look at some of my other videos, especially the ‘flying low’ ones and try to work out where I was positioned. Good luck with your flying.

Thank you for replying Si_Co, and for the tips. Before I bought my drone my intention was to practice until I felt more confident so on your advice I shall continue to do so, (once this lousy weather clears up a bit and I have more daylight hours)! The backward reveal shots are a great touch and gives an unknown expectation to the footage, because viewers don't know what will be revealed. I must try it! I will have a look at your other videos too and pick up ideas. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and suggestions. I'll be sure to let you know how I go once I get some decent footage, hopefully in the not-too-distant future! Keep up the great videos! Cheers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB