DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

And it Was all Yellow

You're the first to post about this issue. Perhaps adding a photo as an example, along with the camera settings might be of help.

Reactions: Poogan
Camera settings will help, what do you have the temperature setting (white balance) at or is it on auto? If you’re shooting JPEG it’s gonna be hard to edit, that’s why I always shooting RAW mode because you can adjust that with photo editing later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poogan and Chapperz
Camera settings will help, what do you have the temperature setting at or is it on auto?
I have an bad habit of forgetting to reset everything back to "auto" after having done something that required a manual setting. I nearly had a heart attack when my brand new Pentax K100 camera suddenly cast everything in a very blue colour - I figured there was some sort of issue with the sensor and was mentally going through the hoops of sending it in for warranty repairs. Nope, I had shot some indoor scenes on "tungsten" white balance and forgot to change it back again. Phew!

I learned from that episode that any strong colour cast is inevitably the result of having left the white balance on manual.

Is it just me or does the mini 3 Pro have a massive amount of yellow in the images?
Images that are too yellow (warm) or blue (cool) are a result of the white balance setting being inappropriate for the lighting where the photo was taken.

Correct WB
i-5cfZZ9H-M.png

Incorrect WB - too yellow
i-pzZmHfz-M.png

Images that are too yellow (warm) or blue (cool) are a result of the white balance setting being inappropriate for the lighting where the photo was taken.

Correct WB
i-5cfZZ9H-M.png

Incorrect WB - too yellow
i-pzZmHfz-M.png
I think it was on the cool side... As in 5600. Is that still too wsrm? Also one was auto white balance... Either way I'm clearly doing something wrong... Thanks for the help appreciate it.

Camera settings will help, what do you have the temperature setting (white balance) at or is it on auto? If you’re shooting JPEG it’s gonna be hard to edit, that’s why I always shooting RAW mode because you can adjust that with photo editing later.
It's seemingly thr temp settings... Thanks for the heads up

I have an bad habit of forgetting to reset everything back to "auto" after having done something that required a manual setting. I nearly had a heart attack when my brand new Pentax K100 camera suddenly cast everything in a very blue colour - I figured there was some sort of issue with the sensor and was mentally going through the hoops of sending it in for warranty repairs. Nope, I had shot some indoor scenes on "tungsten" white balance and forgot to change it back again. Phew!

I learned from that episode that any strong colour cast is inevitably the result of having left the white balance on manual.
Lol mental breakdown avoided

As a professional videographer I can’t emphasis enough the use of White Balance. While it’s true you can color correct in post, it is always best to use White Balance while shooting.
I come from a audio background and the same applies... You can do certain things in mastering but it's always better to fix it in the mix... Better still use quality samples and record better quality

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki