DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

And out of the morning mist loomed a Castle...................

No , I knew they were there as I walked the route before I set off . I was standing hidden from view but looking directly at that wire to the Castle . The drop into the castle was the risky shot as I had no way of knowing if there was anything to foul the props like some thin ivy protuding from the wall. Also , it broke my golden rule when flying a risky maneuver , I'll risk it as long as I can retrieve the drone should the worst happen . If it went down in the Castle there was no way in .

Did it change mode to atti down into the tower ?
I imagine it would have, the 10' thick walls would probably block signal pretty well.

And you obviously flew up out of there same way you went in, so that would have been dodgy for sure, more risky with still only the dead vertical view to use.

Did it change mode to atti down into the tower ?
I imagine it would have, the 10' thick walls would probably block signal pretty well.

And you obviously flew up out of there same way you went in, so that would have been dodgy for sure, more risky with still only the dead vertical view to use.
I didn't notice if it did go in atti mode or not , I was too busy watching the signal strength indicator. I was going to go up the second it went red . Funnily enough it only lost one white bar in strength despite the 10 foot thick walls. In the end I bottled it and decided not to go right to the bottom. I know from flying through old railway tunnels that drifting is a challenge in atti mode so I didn't want to push my luck too far .

I didn't notice if it did go in atti mode or not , I was too busy watching the signal strength indicator. I was going to go up the second it went red . Funnily enough it only lost one white bar in strength despite the 10 foot thick walls. In the end I bottled it and decided not to go right to the bottom. I know from flying through old railway tunnels that drifting is a challenge in atti mode so I didn't want to push my luck too far .

Losing signal would have to be your worst fear there for sure.
Imagine failsafe RTH engaging, hoping it would rise dead vertical ?
Setting to hover would be no good, unless you could get higher to try and pick it up again.
Even then, you'd be praying for some GPS and / or VPS to be working ok.

You got through it anyway, so well done on the unique video.

No , I knew they were there as I walked the route before I set off . I was standing hidden from view but looking directly at that wire to the Castle . The drop into the castle was the risky shot as I had no way of knowing if there was anything to foul the props like some thin ivy protuding from the wall. Also , it broke my golden rule when flying a risky maneuver , I'll risk it as long as I can retrieve the drone should the worst happen . If it went down in the Castle there was no way in .
A curious place indeed. Someone must get in there with that ladder laying at the top of the stairway, and what's with that antenna at 2:29 hanging out the window. Again, great video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi