DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android P and control apps crashing

max2me

Reactions
Hi,

I'm using latest Android P on Pixel 2. DJI go works for a few hours but then I have to reinstall it, otherwise it crashes (it works after reinstall until it stops). Litchi doesnt run at all.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is there a remedy?

Thank you.

Having exactly the same problems, during a recent chat with dji support I was told that it's not even on the developer's list of updates

I found a workaround of manually installing app before each flight. It preserves all the settings and stuff just works.

What do you do? Just uninstall then reinstall ?

Same here - I'm guessing it is something to do with the new OS and or a non-updated app. The (sad) fix currently is to just uninstall and then re-install the app to get it to work.

It will work for at least a few launches, but if you stop flying for awhile and then try to re-enter the app it will continue crashing. Restarting my phone and or force stopping the app didn't work either. I have an OG Pixel.

Make sure Android 9 isnt restricting the activity as part of its new battery features. It seems to want to (Settings > Battery).

Reactions: kzisme
Make sure Android 9 isnt restricting the activity as part of its new battery features. It seems to want to (Settings > Battery).

This seems to have worked for me for the time being I'll continue testing over the next couple of days (with phone restarts and such)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78