DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android P and control apps crashing

max2me

Reactions
Hi,

I'm using latest Android P on Pixel 2. DJI go works for a few hours but then I have to reinstall it, otherwise it crashes (it works after reinstall until it stops). Litchi doesnt run at all.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is there a remedy?

Thank you.

Having exactly the same problems, during a recent chat with dji support I was told that it's not even on the developer's list of updates

I found a workaround of manually installing app before each flight. It preserves all the settings and stuff just works.

What do you do? Just uninstall then reinstall ?

Same here - I'm guessing it is something to do with the new OS and or a non-updated app. The (sad) fix currently is to just uninstall and then re-install the app to get it to work.

It will work for at least a few launches, but if you stop flying for awhile and then try to re-enter the app it will continue crashing. Restarting my phone and or force stopping the app didn't work either. I have an OG Pixel.

Make sure Android 9 isnt restricting the activity as part of its new battery features. It seems to want to (Settings > Battery).

Reactions: kzisme
Make sure Android 9 isnt restricting the activity as part of its new battery features. It seems to want to (Settings > Battery).

This seems to have worked for me for the time being I'll continue testing over the next couple of days (with phone restarts and such)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom